The Porsche Taycan Turbo S arrives Malaysia! + Turbo & 4S

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
A quick survey
1) Do you see yourself will buy a EV car in years to come?
2) will you pay (hourly rate) to charge your car? how much?
3) Where do you want to charge if you have an EV car?

Many thanks.
1. Not in the foreseeable future. Not sure if like 10 years from now.
2. No, because the above answer.
3. Irrelevant coz the above answer.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1. Depends. If the EV can charge fast -- 30 minutes to 80%, with plenty of chargers available all over the place that I don't need to "think"
about it.
2. Yes I will, I am willing to pay a subscription with included kW. For example RM30 for 100kW, and each kW at RM1 (I simply whack for illustration OK). And RM50 for 300kW etc. PROVIDED many chargers are available and no idiots hogging it. How to do it? Basically the charging lot has an automatic pole that prevents people parking there for fun. You park there and charge, you use up your kW... and after completely charged you have a grace period of 15 minutes to move your car, otherwise you get charged RM10 per hour for parking ("hogging").
3. Places where I go hangout, shopping malls, cafes, office.

IF the car has sufficient range, such as 200km minimum (actual not rated) you do not need to charge everyday, and you can even charge at home thus not needing to charge outside.

For long distance driving I still prefer dead dinosaur powered vehicles, because pumping liquid dinosaurs to my vehicle is faster than charging.

I think this is ridiculous. If anything, EV road tax should be cheaper to encourage adoption, and the fact that it is a path towards a sustainable future -- NOT NOW, FUTURE. More clean energy - solar, wind etc. and with EVs you will have reduced carbon emissions by quite a bit.
Malaysia road tax regulation is very ancient and unfair to begin with.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I think older generation will stick to petrol......hahahhahahhaha
eh dont forget poor ppl like me~ less demand for petrol, cheaper gas!! wheeee

but this being malaysia a petrol producing country, i dont see this happening anytime soon

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Thanks. In my observation we already have plenty of EV/hybrid cars on the road. However, most of them are free loaders. psss... seeing it my condo. Still curi to use the public 13A to charge their car and occupied a Visitor carpark.
If JMB don’t allow. No choice.

Malaysia road tax regulation is very ancient and unfair to begin with.
You mean Malaysia itself. Because it’s ran by politicians who only care about lining their own pockets and playing the racial card. The average Joe on the street is seriously unaware just how rich politicians are.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If JMB don’t allow. No choice.

You mean Malaysia itself. Because it’s ran by politicians who only care about lining their own pockets and playing the racial card. The average Joe on the street is seriously unaware just how rich politicians are.
I am referring to the road tax calculation that's largely based on just engine cc, hence those who own cheaper cars can pay the same or even higher road tax than those who own much more expensive cars.

nw111

Known Member

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori
A quick survey
1) Do you see yourself will buy a EV car in years to come?
2) will you pay (hourly rate) to charge your car? how much?
3) Where do you want to charge if you have an EV car?

Many thanks.
1) Yes, but only after ICEs are banned, lol. I might end up buying an EV motorcycle before buying an EV car.

2) Yes if the rates make sense.

3) Home, office, shopping mall.

Speaking of electric bikes, Cagiva will make a comeback as electric motorcycle brand next year. Maybe they will come up with an electric Mito?

Reactions: Tom and minibeany

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Actually is price check. Recently I got offered for this at RM1800. Include installation n tuning. Is that ok price?

Also, how good is GAB? Whats your point of view?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience