The Porsche Taycan Turbo S arrives Malaysia! + Turbo & 4S

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Porsche's full electric Taycan arrives Malaysia! Debuted right here at the new Porsche Centre Ara Damansara, all 3 models are represented including the Turbo S, Turbo and 4s.

Taycan Turbo S 2.8 sec / 761ps / 1050nm / 260kmh / 412km range / RM1.195M
Taycan Turbo 3.2 sec / 680ps / 850nm / 260kmh / 450km range / RM999K
Taycan 4S 4.0 sec / 571ps / 640nm / 250kmh / 407km range / RM725K

Charging:
Taycan customers will get a complimentary 22kw Porsche Home Energy Manager and a Mobile Charger Plus which will fully replenish the batteries in 6 hours

Direct Current quick charging stations are installed at all Porsche Centres and will cover more areas soon, which promises a full charge in 36 minutes

Warranty:
The Taycan will be covered by a complimentary 4 year maintenance and warranty package, whereas its battery will get an 8 year warranty. An optional package is available to extend both car and battery warranties for up to 15 years.

Outside:
LED matrix headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System PDLS for Turbo onwards / LED headlights with PDLS for 4S

Inside:
1963 911 inspired dash / 16.9' curved instrument cluster / 10.9' infotainment display / optional passenger display /

Christopher Hunter, Chief Executive Officer of SDAP said, “The Taycan is the first purely electric powered sports car from Porsche and marks the beginning of a new era into the field of electromobility. Powered by an electric powertrain, it is still undeniably a Porsche – you can feel the soul of the Taycan the second you get behind the steering wheel. It feels and drives like a true Porsche.”

“As we move into the new era of digital and electromobility, in line with the global strategy, we have designed our new Porsche Centre Ara Damansara to be future-ready with state-of-the-art technology. Coinciding with the launch of our first fully electric sports car, the Taycan, the new flagship centre is fully equipped to handle the latest battery technology repairs and maintenance and Malaysia’s first Direct Current (DC) high performance chargers have also been installed across our dealer network. With first deliveries of the Taycan estimated to be in the first quarter of 2021, all Taycan owners can have peace of mind with these 175 kW DC chargers delivering a full charge in 36 minutes, giving you more than enough time to enjoy a nicely brewed cup of coffee at our Carrera Lounge,” said Christopher Hunter.

Reactions: minibeany

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
considering the price of the Taycan... you probably can afford the insane roadtax
Just learnt about the EV Roadtax rates and definitely something new to consider

Porsche Taycan 4S (390kW) – RM 7,004
Porsche Taycan 4S Battery Plus (420 kW) – RM 7,814
Porsche Taycan Turbo (500) – RM 9,974
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (560 kW) – RM 11,594

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
A quick survey
1) Do you see yourself will buy a EV car in years to come?
2) will you pay (hourly rate) to charge your car? how much?
3) Where do you want to charge if you have an EV car?

Many thanks.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
A quick survey

Many thanks.
good question

1) Do you see yourself will buy a EV car in years to come? Yes, quite excited in fact
2) will you pay (hourly rate) to charge your car? how much? If that is what it takes yes, especially for fast charging. Lower than a full tank of petrol for a full charge hopefully
3) Where do you want to charge if you have an EV car? Mostly home which is enough for urban commute.

Reactions: minibeany

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
good question

1) Do you see yourself will buy a EV car in years to come? Yes, quite excited in fact
2) will you pay (hourly rate) to charge your car? how much? If that is what it takes yes, especially for fast charging. Lower than a full tank of petrol for a full charge hopefully
3) Where do you want to charge if you have an EV car? Mostly home which is enough for urban commute.
I think the problem will arise if need to go outstation. Just like NGV those days, most station selling was mostly in PJ and KL....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
A quick survey

Many thanks.
1.Yes, definitely for town commute.
2.Yes, if its cheaper than petrol.
3.Some office do offer free charging station like my previous workplace. If i somehow ended up there in the future then i might get an EV if i can afford it. Free juice, why not.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
A quick survey

Many thanks.
1) Yes and no. If all EV cars look like the Leaf or the BMW i3... then no. Even some Tesla models aren't that good looking. I'd use the EV for city driving only.

2) Charge car... I think it depends on price. I'd be willing to pay RON95 price per KW or something. Hahaha

3) Portable supercharger like Tesla pls. Everywhere and anywhere can charge.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
A quick survey

Many thanks.
1. Depends. If the EV can charge fast -- 30 minutes to 80%, with plenty of chargers available all over the place that I don't need to "think"
about it.
2. Yes I will, I am willing to pay a subscription with included kW. For example RM30 for 100kW, and each kW at RM1 (I simply whack for illustration OK). And RM50 for 300kW etc. PROVIDED many chargers are available and no idiots hogging it. How to do it? Basically the charging lot has an automatic pole that prevents people parking there for fun. You park there and charge, you use up your kW... and after completely charged you have a grace period of 15 minutes to move your car, otherwise you get charged RM10 per hour for parking ("hogging").
3. Places where I go hangout, shopping malls, cafes, office.

IF the car has sufficient range, such as 200km minimum (actual not rated) you do not need to charge everyday, and you can even charge at home thus not needing to charge outside.

For long distance driving I still prefer dead dinosaur powered vehicles, because pumping liquid dinosaurs to my vehicle is faster than charging.

Just learnt about the EV Roadtax rates and definitely something new to consider

Porsche Taycan 4S (390kW) – RM 7,004
Porsche Taycan 4S Battery Plus (420 kW) – RM 7,814
Porsche Taycan Turbo (500) – RM 9,974
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (560 kW) – RM 11,594

I think this is ridiculous. If anything, EV road tax should be cheaper to encourage adoption, and the fact that it is a path towards a sustainable future -- NOT NOW, FUTURE. More clean energy - solar, wind etc. and with EVs you will have reduced carbon emissions by quite a bit.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
1.Yes, definitely for town commute.
2.Yes, if its cheaper than petrol.
3.Some office do offer free charging station like my previous workplace. If i somehow ended up there in the future then i might get an EV if i can afford it. Free juice, why not.
#2. It is cheaper for now. Somewhere around RM2.50 /hour. Usually around 3-4 hours will fully charged a BMW
#3. interesting that your previous workplace offer FREE charging. In my opinion, it will not be viable in the near future when more and more people switch to EV. That's mean more EV station has to be built.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
1. Depends. If the EV can charge fast -- 30 minutes to 80%, with plenty of chargers available all over the place that I don't need to "think"
about it.
2. Yes I will, I am willing to pay a subscription with included kW. For example RM30 for 100kW, and each kW at RM1 (I simply whack for illustration OK). And RM50 for 300kW etc. PROVIDED many chargers are available and no idiots hogging it. How to do it? Basically the charging lot has an automatic pole that prevents people parking there for fun. You park there and charge, you use up your kW... and after completely charged you have a grace period of 15 minutes to move your car, otherwise you get charged RM10 per hour for parking ("hogging").
3. Places where I go hangout, shopping malls, cafes, office.

IF the car has sufficient range, such as 200km minimum (actual not rated) you do not need to charge everyday, and you can even charge at home thus not needing to charge outside.

For long distance driving I still prefer dead dinosaur powered vehicles, because pumping liquid dinosaurs to my vehicle is faster than charging.
Thanks. In my observation we already have plenty of EV/hybrid cars on the road. However, most of them are free loaders. psss... seeing it my condo. Still curi to use the public 13A to charge their car and occupied a Visitor carpark.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Does anyone here knows where can i get this few brands of engine oil in Ipoh?
Any shops in Ipoh selling this..?

1. Liqui Moly MOS2 Leichtlauf 10w-40
2. Eneos Motor Oil Racing GT 10w-40 SN/CF
3. Petro Canada Supreme 10w-40 API SN
4. Mitsubishi Motors 10w-40

View attachment 513907 View attachment 513908 View attachment 513909 View attachment 513912

And also where can i get this few brands of auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience