Test: Q8 Oils and Lubegard

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
yeap, you'll be surprised after trying it....

after adding the Lubegard with the Q8 Semi Syn 10w40, it resolved my tappet problems, there're many people who used it and has praised the additive.

Izso, why can't you add any additives in a good lubricant?

black_howling

Oct 12, 2005
what is the price range like?? my car is up for service. might give her a taste of Q8 and see how she purrs....

Do we need to flush the engine first before we use the different oil??

Can I get Q8 from eneos as well since both also japanese....:P

NeoG

Known Member
May 30, 2006
thteh86,
what car u driving? i driving Civic 11 yrs old.....so don know wether is good to use 10~50 or 10~40.
that my concern too, do we need to flush the engine first b4 we add in the Q8 oil? currently i was using Castrol. btw how much is Q8 cost?
Q8 10~50=RM?
Q8 10~40=RM?
Lubegard = RM?

TQ...

Supremus

Merchandise
Feb 19, 2004
Blackie & Gentlemen,

Q8 is from Kuwait, hence the name Q8

Q8 is available at
KSP Power , Quater Mile and the rest of the shops in Sunway

Im sure they will hook you guys up with great discounts

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
thteh86 said:
yeap, you'll be surprised after trying it....

after adding the Lubegard with the Q8 Semi Syn 10w40, it resolved my tappet problems, there're many people who used it and has praised the additive.

Izso, why can't you add any additives in a good lubricant?
Well, this is my personal opinion. I have nothing against lubeguard and Q8. I'm just trying to understand why we need it.

Engine oils like Q8 are specially formulated with specific cleaners and lubricant materials to work best at the indicated engine oil weight and temperature. Adding additives basically alters that structure and basically defeats the purpose of the oil's cleaning and lube abilities.. so why bother with good oil in the first place? Use the cheapass one and add lubeguard la like that.

sr215

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Labuan
That's something 'refreshing' Highwaystar. :D

I've been using Q8 15W-40 to my SOHC VTEC. Very satisfied la. Easy to clock to 6k rpm in a secs.

GTI_01

Oct 16, 2005
I like this...............!!! I still using Q8 10-40 + Lubegard for engine and Lubegard for gearbox
feel good.......................................................................

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
Izso said:
Well, this is my personal opinion. I have nothing against lubeguard and Q8. I'm just trying to understand why we need it.

Engine oils like Q8 are specially formulated with specific cleaners and lubricant materials to work best at the indicated engine oil weight and temperature. Adding additives basically alters that structure and basically defeats the purpose of the oil's cleaning and lube abilities.. so why bother with good oil in the first place? Use the cheapass one and add lubeguard la like that.
It doesn't defeat the purpose....there're a few types of engine oil additives available commercially, as according to wikipedia.org

-Zinc dialkyldithiophosphate (ZDDP) additives, which typically also contain calcium, are available to consumers for additional protection under extreme-pressure conditions or in heavy duty performance situations. ZDDP and calcium additives are also added to protect motor oil from oxidative breakdown and to prevent the formation of sludge and varnish deposits.

-In the 1980s and 1990s, additives with suspended PTFE particles were available to consumers to increase motor oil's ability to coat and protect metal surfaces. There is controversy as to the actual effectiveness of these products as they can solidify and clog the oil filters.

-Some molybdenum-containing additives to lubricating oils are claimed to reduce friction, bond to metal, or have anti-wear properties.

-Various other extreme-pressure additives and antiwear additives

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
Yes guys, you all can get Q8 from Eneos as it is one of our dealers.

NeoG,
I'm not too sure about the Q8's prices as they differ from time to time. As for your civic 11 years old, I'd suggest you to try out our Q8 Semi Synthetic Advance 10w40, it is retailling only at about MYR89 if I'm not mistaken. However, it depends on what have you used b4.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thteh86 - I like Q8 oils. I've personally tried it and am quite pleased with it.

And I know about the different types of engine additives. Irregardless of what type they are, the engine oil itself is supposed to do all the additive is doing. Why add in additional when the oil itself is doing it already? I mean, Mobil spent millions of dollars on developing it's highest end range of oils the Mobil 1 series, if RM20 additives could do better, then why bother with good oils like Q8?

arcurad

Jan 19, 2006
So if i go there and replace my engine Oil, Got kawaii chic pour it for me also ? =p

Garrett

May 10, 2006
No price list.....how to buy?

maybe can get cheaper outside, I bought HKS 10-40 outside for only RM90.00 in Penang but here selling RM110.00.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience