Temp High

telormasin

Apr 7, 2005
to all sifus out there,pls help this newbie..
my wira temp increase past 1/2 but not till3/4 when in traffic jem..it used to b only at 1/4..the thing is, i've done rewiring,chg alt(new),chg motor and fan,use mitsu rad but still d same..it started to happen when i got accident but didnt break the rad or d fan..help!!!!!

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Originally posted by telormasin@Apr 23 2005, 03:29
my wira temp increase past 1/2 but not till3/4 when in traffic jem..it used to b only at 1/4..the thing is, i've done rewiring,chg alt(new),chg motor and fan,use mitsu rad but still d same..it started to happen when i got accident but didnt break the rad or d fan..help!!!!!
[snapback]920004[/snapback]​
Could be one of the reason below:

---Faulty radiator cap

---Insufficient coolant

---Passages blocked in radiator, hoses, oil cooler, or water jacket

---Air in system

---Faulty water pump

---Thermostat stuck closed

---Faulty cooling fan motor

---Faulty fan motor switch

Happy troubleshooting dude........ : B)

telormasin

Apr 7, 2005
wahh..,so many could be...anyway,thanx wild boost..will try to track d problem one by one..seems like have to chg d whole system!!ha ha ha..bengkok laa...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
or u can try to install water temp gauge... if it does not exceed 95°C it should be fine.

Viperize

Apr 12, 2005
maybe radiator stuck and need service... or the water pump faulty caused the water not circulating

telormasin

Apr 7, 2005
actually, all service done oredi,and the wiremen even modify d fan to run all d time,but still d same..but i do suspect d water pump,will try to replace it and c how..thanx guys!!!!

telormasin

Apr 7, 2005
did some testing n found out dat the temp increase to 3/4 when stuck in jem.when moving it will drop to normal..guys,how to check whether the radiator is block or the fin is not working?any ideas?help appreciated..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Had that problem b4... radiator is clogged and spot a hairline crack.

telormasin

Apr 7, 2005
acbc bro,u mean d fin clogged is it?mayb my radiator also crack coz d problem only occurs after i met an accident..i thought since no visible dmg at d radiator,its ok..but then d problem starts...

theedge7

Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
chech whether ur radiator leak or not... change ur thermostat and and flush the rediator for better cooling effeciency....also check ur temp sensor if fuel injection

telormasin

Apr 7, 2005
thanx edge..not using thermostat currently..i changed the fan sensor n improved a bit..had d whole system check d other day...they cant seem to find d problem though..where excatly d temp sensor ?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The temp sensor is the water temp sensor. Did you check the engine side ? HOw long is your car already ? It could be your water jackets cloged already.

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
telormasin said:
radiator blocked maybe

telormasin

Apr 7, 2005
thanx titan and cyclonite..water jacket is the fin like thing is it?got one line dented heavily..they ask me to change dat n it costs 280 without waranty dat d problem will solved!!!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiyo friend.. accident then got so many problems.. since you've practically changed everything under the sun, it sounds like you have a Radiator problem. Don't save money on this and get a decent radiator.. or if you got money go straight and install VR4 intercooler!!! :D :D :D :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last time petrol cap seal cracked so petrol all over the bumper...
how to remove ah
got golden stains on silver paint...
yuck <_<
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience