take out gen2 audio

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
anybody here knows about take out the standard audio player.....i want to rewiring!!!need to put another player but dunno how to open the stock audio...any cfu's can help......with picture would be better...thanks!!!

takumi_86

Known Member
Apr 25, 2006
u have to cut and pull out all the player.Then go buy a new gen fibreglass casing and put it back into the dashboard.the fibreglass casing include a case for headunit and preamp unit. u can attach it back using silicone glue.But the problem is u need to repaint back the hold dashboard. :)

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
waaaa........like that ar.......so hard la....erm, can i just wire it externelly!!!i mean,anybody know where can i get the wire,i mean audio wire...cannot find la....

takumi_86

Known Member
Apr 25, 2006
well u can go ask the audio shop for the wire,but u have to measure the lenght of your headunit to preamp,preamp to amplifier and from headunit to speaker but the RCA cable come in standard size.From your battery to your headunit u have to used 4awg or 8awg wire. well alot of work to be done. but dont do externely wiring it, it can be messy.trust me :)

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
yeah...quit messy......for ur info,if u look under ur dashboard,u dont even see ur audio cable...thats y im asking here...help me ar.......cfu's!!!!!

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hey mivecmerah long time no see. u change ur car ah?
mivecmerah said:
yeah...quit messy......for ur info,if u look under ur dashboard,u dont even see ur audio cable...thats y im asking here...help me ar.......cfu's!!!!!

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
damn.......it's u.....long time no see maaa......
im always search for u man.....so,when can we go yamcha man....have to c u...
yeap,i have change my car...yellow gen2...set time then we go yamcha...ok?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
yellow gen 2 is damm nice la compared tothe other colours im free everyday im on sem break that is till i get a job. call me la when u free. bout 2 months i saw ur satria at petronas sec 6 shah alam. lol
mivecmerah said:
damn.......it's u.....long time no see maaa......
im always search for u man.....so,when can we go yamcha man....have to c u...
yeap,i have change my car...yellow gen2...set time then we go yamcha...ok?

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
damn that guy drive my car...its not me,its the sellman ma......pm me ur number k....lost oledi coz changing phone, lost many phone number....how is ur car...aiya, the thread is about gen2 audio la hehe!!

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
yes new casing is needed as the original player is kind of bonded together. But repaint and silicon i dun think so.....

Most of the audio shop got sell and they can do it for u. But honestly speaking, DIY really hard....as u need to open the radio panel, button panel above the player, centre console(where ur power window switch and hand brake, and the gear selector located) Need to strip off quite alot of thingy....when i see the audio shop worker strip my car....l was so heartache....new car woh...even they really take care and gentle

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
damn...like that ar!!!!i even had headache now thinking abt u have told me...damn la.....i think i will make wiring outside....hehe...i mean,the new player wired to the speaker directly la...i mean that,cut the wire connected among body and the door...use lot of wire la....n the power,just make new wiring....wut u think?

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
1st, u still need to take out the original cd player, which involve all the trouble i mention

2nd, all the wiring that u make will make ur car look very messy oh......

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
erm....i think want to make another external wiring.....with tv if can..hehe!!

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Dare to challenge!! Good one....i like it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai all,
U r invite to advice for me that...
What is the function or improvement can be produce after install an adj can pulley???

Pls kindly answer me yoh!!!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience