Takata Airbag: Honda Malaysia Updates Stock and Service Capacity

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

In their latest statement, Honda Malaysia expresses sincere regrets for the inconvenience with regards to the Takata airbag inflator recalls as well as delay in availability due to low stock of replacement parts.

However, Honda assures that they are committed to resolve the issue and have been working with Takata to improve the supply for replacement parts. Honda also took the initiative to expand their supply from other suppliers like Daicel, Autoliv and TRW.

Replacement parts for Driver's front airbag

Honda has reported that replacement parts for airbag inflators have started arriving last week, and they are certain that 100% supply could be fulfilled by mid-August 2016.

Replacement parts for Passenger's front airbag

On the other hand, Honda is still unable to indicate when they will be able to secure full capacity of airbag inflator replacement parts for the passenger's side. The company is doing their best to improve the stock and will inform their customers when the parts are available.

Service capacity

As the airbag inflator replacement is the priority for the time being, Honda Malaysia is taking these actions to ensure it is solved on all affected vehicles:

• Reducing Preventive Maintenance Service Schedule (maintenance service) to 50% starting July 20, 2016 onwards.
  • Opening 3 temporary Central Hubs (locations will be announced soon) that will operate 7
    days a week as an additional centres and storage for the required parts.
  • Opening Mobile Hubs (locations will be announced soon) nationwide to make it more
    convenient and to further reach the customers.
If you are an owner of the said affected Honda, have you been contacted by Honda Malaysia? Kindly refer to these process flows below to get an idea of the whole process.
<dl id="attachment_90960" class="wp-caption alignnone" style="width: 700px;" data-mce-style="width: 700px;"><dt class="wp-caption-dt">
</dt><dd class="wp-caption-dd">The process flow if you HAVE received a notification letter by Honda Malaysia.</dd></dl>
<dl id="attachment_90961" class="wp-caption alignnone" style="width: 700px;" data-mce-style="width: 700px;"><dt class="wp-caption-dt">
</dt><dd class="wp-caption-dd">The process flow if you HAVE NOT received any notification letter from Honda Malaysia.</dd></dl>
For more information on the Takata airbag recalls, kindly visit the specially-set up page at www.productrecall.honda.com.my.

Honda Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. continues to raise awareness and informs its cutomers regarding the importance of replacing the airbags on affected vehicles. Among the measures taken by Honda to reach the owners include:
• Mailing more than 240,000 letters to owners.
• Advertising campaign and issued press releases to notify the public.
• Notice on our website, and made available VIN (chassis number) search of affected vehicles on our website, www.honda.com.my
• Outreach campaigns at all on-ground activities and roadshows.
• Sending email to more than 35,000 owners.
• Blasting SMS to more than 126,000 customers.
• Share information about the recall in Honda’s ‘With Dreams’ magazine.
• Phone calls to customers - calls made to more than 2,000 customers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all, I'm currently using a GSR Turbo with TD05H E3 turbo. Using E-Manage blue for tuning and running at 1.1 boost. I'm using E3 fuel injectors 510cc. Blitz boost controller.

I thougt of upgrading to higher topspeed. Curently I'm getting 210kh/h @ 7,000 rpm on stock GSR gear box. What's all the sifu's advice on this? Should I go for E3 gearbox? Or E1..E2 gearbox? Or just chg final gear ratio and add LSD?

What's the recommended boost? If I boost 1.5 bar, should I change the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience