Suzuki Swift: 1.5 (m15a/zc21): Discussions/Opinions

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
pump some RON100 get it clean a bit... give it a physio therapy... stretch the muscle a bit... someone mentioned before Caltex petrol has some 'cleaning' agent too :-P
vpower racing red is better at cleaning. RM20 bucks is plenty

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Greetings to all Swift owners

I am a newbie and I would like to ask some questions.

I recently bought a 2nd hand Suzuki Swift 2008 1.5GLX ZC21. 100% stocks. The mileage is only 40,000KM. The previous owner just kept it in the garage. Everything is working fine and still tight like new car. Smooth engine and transmission. Brand new 2019 Yokohama AE51 tyres. Tyres all pumped up to 240Kpa as per the recommendation. No engine warning light, no bad exhaust smell. I've given a full 40K major service with Shell Helix Ultra 5W/40, changed the air filter to original K&N.

I've been reading the spec for this model and all stated the AVG fuel economy (FE) at least 14-16 KM/L combine. However, my own FE is very poor. The car mostly used for short driver, up to 12km round trip with traffic light stop and go. The car can only manage to achieve 7.5KM/L. If I ever hit the highway, the total combined 1 full tank probably max only 9-10 KM/L.

I wonder what could have gone wrong? Any hidden faulty sensors? O2 sensors? clogged fuel injectors? Have any of the member here ever encounter the same issue? I've visited few workshops and they all said "it's normal".
No issue. 12km round trip. I assume 6km 1 way? The engine don't even have a chance to warm up yet. Engines have a optimal (hot) operating temperature.

Nothing is wrong with your car. BUT, when you go on highways, after the car is fully warm up, drive it hard and make sure you rev it up to clear any carbon deposits on the intake valves. As this is a port injection car, there will be no issues with buildup if you rev its balls off AFTER it has warmed up.

12km round trip, my engine don't even fire up.

Reactions: minibeany

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Greetings to all Swift owners

I am a newbie and I would like to ask some questions.

I recently bought a 2nd hand Suzuki Swift 2008 1.5GLX ZC21. 100% stocks. The mileage is only 40,000KM. The previous owner just kept it in the garage. Everything is working fine and still tight like new car. Smooth engine and transmission. Brand new 2019 Yokohama AE51 tyres. Tyres all pumped up to 240Kpa as per the recommendation. No engine warning light, no bad exhaust smell. I've given a full 40K major service with Shell Helix Ultra 5W/40, changed the air filter to original K&N.

I've been reading the spec for this model and all stated the AVG fuel economy (FE) at least 14-16 KM/L combine. However, my own FE is very poor. The car mostly used for short driver, up to 12km round trip with traffic light stop and go. The car can only manage to achieve 7.5KM/L. If I ever hit the highway, the total combined 1 full tank probably max only 9-10 KM/L.

I wonder what could have gone wrong? Any hidden faulty sensors? O2 sensors? clogged fuel injectors? Have any of the member here ever encounter the same issue? I've visited few workshops and they all said "it's normal".
yeah man, fill up caltex 97, petron 100 or v power. Whack the hell out of it.
Then you only scratch your head try to figure out next steps.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A high grade Tupperware

Measure the K&N filter size, make sure it fit

Use Spray paint to mark the shape pattern of the carburetor base

Base pattern marked

Use fire to heat up a nail to cut...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience