Suzuki Swift: 1.5 (m15a/zc21): Discussions/Opinions

calvin.sio

Apr 3, 2007
Singapore
swift sport zc31 owner here. we got sss owner whatsapp group too if anybody are interested to join can pm me thanks

Hi Jose, I'm zc32s owner. Hv pm u my phone number. Pls help to add me in the group. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramfit

Aug 10, 2006
Hi guys,
just bought second hand Swift Zc21 1.5 AT (2009)
newbie here can join u guys :wavey:

Feb 15, 2021
Greetings to all Swift owners

I am a newbie and I would like to ask some questions.

I recently bought a 2nd hand Suzuki Swift 2008 1.5GLX ZC21. 100% stocks. The mileage is only 40,000KM. The previous owner just kept it in the garage. Everything is working fine and still tight like new car. Smooth engine and transmission. Brand new 2019 Yokohama AE51 tyres. Tyres all pumped up to 240Kpa as per the recommendation. No engine warning light, no bad exhaust smell. I've given a full 40K major service with Shell Helix Ultra 5W/40, changed the air filter to original K&N.

I've been reading the spec for this model and all stated the AVG fuel economy (FE) at least 14-16 KM/L combine. However, my own FE is very poor. The car mostly used for short driver, up to 12km round trip with traffic light stop and go. The car can only manage to achieve 7.5KM/L. If I ever hit the highway, the total combined 1 full tank probably max only 9-10 KM/L.

I wonder what could have gone wrong? Any hidden faulty sensors? O2 sensors? clogged fuel injectors? Have any of the member here ever encounter the same issue? I've visited few workshops and they all said "it's normal".

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Greetings to all Swift owners

I am a newbie and I would like to ask some questions.

I recently bought a 2nd hand Suzuki Swift 2008 1.5GLX ZC21. 100% stocks. The mileage is only 40,000KM. The previous owner just kept it in the garage. Everything is working fine and still tight like new car. Smooth engine and transmission. Brand new 2019 Yokohama AE51 tyres. Tyres all pumped up to 240Kpa as per the recommendation. No engine warning light, no bad exhaust smell. I've given a full 40K major service with Shell Helix Ultra 5W/40, changed the air filter to original K&N.

I've been reading the spec for this model and all stated the AVG fuel economy (FE) at least 14-16 KM/L combine. However, my own FE is very poor. The car mostly used for short driver, up to 12km round trip with traffic light stop and go. The car can only manage to achieve 7.5KM/L. If I ever hit the highway, the total combined 1 full tank probably max only 9-10 KM/L.

I wonder what could have gone wrong? Any hidden faulty sensors? O2 sensors? clogged fuel injectors? Have any of the member here ever encounter the same issue? I've visited few workshops and they all said "it's normal".
Most probably its been doing short trip its entire life.
From my experience, town car (same model) will return lesser FC compared to long distance car. The engine will also feels less energetic.
Their engine will also have more carbon buildup with other similar model at same mileage.

Push it/spank it every now and then is one of the solution.

Not sure abt the real world figure of your car but my BLM auto is returning 11km/l any day. It undergo 'workout' every now and then. Its an auto and sometimes i purposedly rev it to 3k-3.5k from gear 1-3.

Reactions: minibeany

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
FC will vary from car to car, even of same make and model. Then driver's driving habits, routes taken, traffic and so on. Even for my 2.0L SUV when in town or especially my taman, lots of speed bumps, stop go traffic can get like 7km/l only, then on highway can get almost double at 13km/l......

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
FC will vary from car to car, even of same make and model. Then driver's driving habits, routes taken, traffic and so on. Even for my 2.0L SUV when in town or especially my taman, lots of speed bumps, stop go traffic can get like 7km/l only, then on highway can get almost double at 13km/l......
7km/l???
I tot my LO Pajero is bad enough. Thank you for making me feel good today

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Swift has very slow response during accelerate. but it's a very stable car and it can maintain good fc after above 80 or at highway roads.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
My ancient 1400kg+ turbo rwd 4spd auto trans car returns 8.5km/L in city driving and 11km/L highway drives. So for such a lightweight car as yours that's bad. Remove your plugs and look at them one by one. If they are have non oily black deposits, you are running too rich. Your o2 sensors are probably shot.

Reactions: Izso

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Try to do some carbon cleaning, even injector service. Open spark plugs, clean and set the right gaps. Top up with Bluechem Oxicat to help clean O2 sensors. Then try give it some good exercises on the highway, and observe again the FC for several rounds of full tanks.

FYI I own a 2008 Sport 1.6 manual for almost 3 years now, mileage already over 150k km. FC is easily 10+ km/L in any condition despite driven mostly rather aggressively above 3.5k rpm. (historical avg. FC as stated in the econometer is at 10.7 now) Best combined avg. FC when driven smoothly was manually measured at 12+ km/L.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
pump some RON100 get it clean a bit... give it a physio therapy... stretch the muscle a bit... someone mentioned before Caltex petrol has some 'cleaning' agent too :-P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My buddy has been contacting me prior receiving his new CBU twin turbo

it must be another UDM

Ladies and gentleman...presenting you ....

it has been a long time since i last post....although I down but not out, have been doing a numerous opti coating here there...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience