Super90 throttle body sticks at close

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Hi all,

Does anyone here experience very hard throttle feeling as well as throttle body butterfly sticking when it is closed? I have a Super90 TB installed and this is currently what I am facing. The TB sticking is quite annoying as it is difficult to drive it during slow traffic. If it sticks, and you press it a little harder for it to open, the car will just jumps. It's like an ON and OFF switch :hmmmm:

Does anyone know how to solve/mod this issue? :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Out of curiousity, is it because of your throttle cable stretching? Or does the butterfly need oiling?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Disconnect the throttle cable, and check if the butterfly valve will spring back, after it is flipped open.
If throttle spring is good then it might be sticky cables that need oiling, or replacement.
BTW, is the gas pedal and its link in good shape?

FYI, proton saga cars tend to have sticky throttle issues....due to poor material of the pedal hinge and bush.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Disconnect the throttle cable, and check if the butterfly valve will spring back, after it is flipped open.
If throttle spring is good then it might be sticky cables that need oiling, or replacement.
BTW, is the gas pedal and its link in good shape?

FYI, proton saga cars tend to have sticky throttle issues....due to poor material of the pedal hinge and bush.
You got it reversed. His TB sticky when closed and need more force to open it.....:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
You got it reversed. His TB sticky when closed and need more force to open it.....:biggrin:

It's called troubleshooting. Nothing is definite. Even mechanic at workshop cant pinpoint the problem straightaway.

taikovr2turbo, perhaps u could make some suggestion to address the issue of "TB sticky when closed and need more force to open it.....:biggrin:[/QUOTE]"

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the problem is the TB stopper... as well as the spring needs to be swapped/reduced tension...

first u need to adjust the TB stopper screw untill the butterfly didnt really resting on the throttle body lip....

timing probably will increase...and u need to adjust using air screw adjustment

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It's called troubleshooting. Nothing is definite. Even mechanic at workshop cant pinpoint the problem straightaway.

taikovr2turbo, perhaps u could make some suggestion to address the issue of "TB sticky when closed and need more force to open it.....:biggrin:
Did ask him on the spring part for hard throttle. Butterfly case mine all not tight fit, his probably touching outer part....:driver:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback on this. Yesterday I had a friend over to try and fix the issue and apparently we kinda did. Thanks to the placement of the BISS screw of the S90 TB which is stupid (bottom),it made things annoying as we need to unfit and refit back the stock throttle body rubber hose multiple times after each adjustment for trial and error. After that, we try tuning the butterfly via the Allen key hole. After around close to an hour of fine tuning (very hot), the gas pedal now feels great. It feels close to an OEM kinda feel and I manage to actually control the throttle now at low speeds. No more throttle sticking and no more car hopping, just occasionally small jerks. Was very happy.

Now just need to check for vacuum leaks or possibly an IAC/Stepper motor issue? Upon engine start up, it idles at 900rpm to 1000rpm. But once you press the throttle (sometimes a few blips), it automatically surges up to 1500rpm to 1600rpm and maintains there once engine has warmed up. :confused:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
i installed it to my satria 1.8 few years ago...and experienced the same thing...almost change to oem back
but, after a try n error...its ok until now
what i did is...
-retension the trottle cable-make it no free play..mmm u kno wat i mean rite
-stopper screw...as pomen gtr said
-biss screw... adjust....adjust...adjust...many times...now rpm 1400++
if not, very hard to start at morning....and when aircond running, and engine idling...engine easily die
-tps..u need to kno the voltage of it...or go for mut la

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i installed it to my satria 1.8 few years ago...and experienced the same thing...almost change to oem back
but, after a try n error...its ok until now
what i did is...
-retension the trottle cable-make it no free play..mmm u kno wat i mean rite
-stopper screw...as pomen gtr said
-biss screw... adjust....adjust...adjust...many times...now rpm 1400++
if not, very hard to start at morning....and when aircond running, and engine idling...engine easily die
-tps..u need to kno the voltage of it...or go for mut la
With all those problems, is the power gain worth it?

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
I love the response. My only complain is the location of the BISS screw #%&&$*R%&*&( :banghead:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
With all those problems, is the power gain worth it?
haha...its like install an after market air filter, iridium spark plug, synthetic oil, cf bodyparts... etc
gain more power ke??...of cos not...not reali la
but..buying it, modified it, trouble shooting, pening kepala...its fun la:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

and happy new year guys

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Guys.... I spoke too soon. My sticking issues when closed is back.....FML lol. Plus the sticking also happens when engine is off too. First tap it's stuck, need to tap it to make it normal again but when engine is fire up, here we go again. Oh lord

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

I am writing to share an experience which happened to my parents along Karak Highway over the weekend.

They were returning to KL and were travelling on the inner lane because there were kids in the car. For those who frequent this highway route between Genting and KL, you know that there are ups and down with bends.

While going round one of the bends, my dad saw a honda city parked on the emergency lane and it just dashed out onto the moving lane. The collision was inevitable...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience