sunroof installation

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
hi every1....hope im in the right section regarding my query.....im planning to install sunroof for my wira sedan & being new to this i hv some questions....

i think the most practical way is to get a lancer roof complete with sunroof and get it welded to the pillars of my car.....

but i hv got another car roof with the sliding in sunroof together with the motor & i plan to graft it into my car......the size more or less seems compatible with my roof so i plan to cut out the whole sunroof unit and weld it to my roof.... which means i also hv to cut a section of my roof to fit in the sunroof openning part (non-glass type)and the rest of the things would be welded to the inside part of my existing roof.....the pillars are not cut.....

so i would like to knw if this is a good thing to do....has any1 here done it before...what could go wrong???.......

i hv posted a picture of the said sunroof (inside part only) to let u all see what i mean....i was told this is bmw m3 sunroof when i bought it but im not sure as i hv never come across a bmw m3 sunroof before.....

thanks....and sorry cos the pics are not tht clear...

Attachments

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
1st thing is your have to go to JPJ to ask for letter approval for your sunroof 1st... coz it is illegal if you install without inspection...good luck...

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
JPJ side no problem.....i can get it done.....but wat i need to knw is the cons (if any) of doing it this way..... i was wondering if any of u hv installed another car's sunroof into another car this way and did it work out....??? like possibility of leaking / other prob ...etc.....???? tq

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Regarding this ar...:hmmmm: actually my fren also installed the sunroof at his Wira la and the cons ar..

- Easy to break in coz roof dun have alarm (my fren been break b4)..
- Wira roof not long lasting so.. the side of the roof if not proper mouted will rust..
- Water come in when the workmanship not well done
- Long time didn't use once open the rubber kong (this one for the one that can open)
- Rubber will spoilt in few year and then.. become aquarium lo...hehehehe

Now he regret liao and wanna to put back to ori roof or sell of his car..How about you.. Good Luck..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

recently did an exhaust pipe throttle body 'butterfly' valve to by pass exhaust gases from going to cat and muffler but instead expel out after the downpipe...

May I hear expert advise on whether doing so will richen or lean down the AFR during normal and wide open throttle?

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience