sucide doors

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
haha...if u install suicide door,those chick no longer want to get in ur car,esp those with mini skirt!!!!

i_Ce

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
thnx sakuraguy , for the VERY indepth report about it..hahaha..as for 5115..getting chicks with mini skirts to use suicide doors, is the whole point my friend!!!haha, just kidding...

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
There are a few complications with installing suicide doors, or reverse hinge.

If you drive a small car, you might have to move your fuel door to accomadate the hinges. Take a good look at the front hinges. You could probably get away with a set of smaller hinges if you have nothing on the door, or your doors are small and light.

It's a problem for sedans because of the wheel arches. There is only a small straight area where the hinge can be mounted, typically right above the arches. So you would probably have to make sure that your whole door can be supported by just 1 mounting pointing. It's infinitely easier if you are planning to do it on a coupe. This is because of the larger area, and all you have to do is migrate all the hinges to the other side.

Wiring also poses a challenge if you are planning to reverse hinge a sedan rear door.

Also, suicide doors nowadays don't open 180 degrees. They open more like normal doors. 180 degrees operation is possible, but you would also need to hinge the door as well as the body. A lot of trial and error.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
door

jeanloo said:
I tot u meant Lambor Door or Scissors Door. Just get to know what suicide door is. Suicide door is convenient for for you to commit suicide and jump out during high speed?
This is a cool explanation BRO..............:regular_smile:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
suicide door in the sense when your car flip and turtled in an accident, your door cannot be opened up, hence it is called suicide door.

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
gohkokeng said:
suicide door in the sense when your car flip and turtled in an accident, your door cannot be opened up, hence it is called suicide door.
i think tat's vertical or scissors or lambo doors u're talkin about..
suicide is the one on the rolls royce phantom..
where the front open like a normal call while the rear doors open backwards..

actually, the suicide doors help u get off the vehicle more err.. "majestic"..
makes u look better than normal cars would..hehe..
coz u'd just go out like u're coming out of a small house..
u just walk out..
so dun worry bout gals in miniskirts..
hehehe..

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
if you have a ride equipped with suicide doors, chicks will WANT to get in your car.

appologies to any woman I may have offended =P

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
but suicide doors very dangerous 1 lor
example if u come out from the car,then a car from behind knock ur door the doof will close and it might knock on ur leg or some thing

and if ur car on fire u want to jump off the car,but u cannot cos u got the door blocking ur way,
thats y they call suicide doors

but chick with mini skirt going up a car with suicide doors can easily 'cau kwong' lol
cos no doors blocking the view
so u will have all the hamsapians waiting in front of the car hahahaa

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
Daniel Lee said:
Lots of hassle to get rid of the B-pillar if wanna install suicide doors.
You don't have to remove the B pillars to make suicide doors. Lots' of conversion still has the B pillars. It is an easier, albeit less impressive, modification.

When ppl talked about interlocking suicide doors, they invariably think about the RX-8. That is actually not a good suicide door design because you can't open the rear without opening the front. Granted, it's supposed to be a coupe not a sedan.

Independent interlocking suicide doors can be done, but like Dan said a lot of hassle. You first have to make sure the door lines up perfectly. Then it's just rearranging the latches and locks. But they usually have one more set of latches and locks to the bottom of the car, or locking to the body of the car. This allows the doors to be open independent of each other.

i_Ce

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
alrite guys..so where can i actually do the suicide doors then? any recomendations?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
mayb u can consult the mech that did scissor doors for our vip taikor david... i heard his flying optima scissor doors are custom made.... i guess the mech can do so with ur custom suicidal doors....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton Wira 1.8 SOHC turbo Automatic

Spec

1.4G93 SOHC Engine
2.OEM Pistons
3.Cleaning Head and Polish
4. 510cc injector
5.Walbro Fuel pump
6.Turbo TD05 Evo 2
7.GSR Turbo Manifold
8.Microtech LT4 Fuel controller
9.RED Line Racing Lubrican
10.RED Line ATF Racing
11.No Intercooler
12.Blizz Air Filter

Tuning done on the Dyno At Mellinium Motorsport Sunway,and make it the
164 whp 210ft torque at 0.9 bar boost.The oem auto trans still can support for 1bar boost.
The engine fully rebuild...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience