Subaru WRX & WRX STI

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Recon very hard to get Evo X manual... Don't want SST. That one need extra care and cooling for gearbox.... But since already recon, might as well get Evo IX, haha. More power.
Evo X a bit too expensive maybe that's why not a lot running around the streets. I mean, if you really wanted an Evo experience, might as well go for the cheaper and more powerful CT9A series from 7 to 9. Evo X is expensive, difficult to source a manual unit as well. Besides, it no longer uses the famous 4G63T. Version 10 WRX STI at least still uses EJ20 for JDM versions.
Agree, I'm really dissapointed in both the design of this new Subaru and the Evo X when it came out. If want Subaru, might as well buy the V9. For me, I'd rather buy Evo IX than any of those.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Agree, I'm really dissapointed in both the design of this new Subaru and the Evo X when it came out. If want Subaru, might as well buy the V9. For me, I'd rather buy Evo IX than any of those.
The latest subaru really no like the design. I still only love the S204 or the S206. Oldest one will be GC8. The rest not my cup of tea.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The latest subaru really no like the design. I still only love the S204 or the S206. Oldest one will be GC8. The rest not my cup of tea.
If Subaru, the one I really like is only the first gen GC8. The V9 & 10 sedan are not bad but I reallly don't like the bug eye (first GD model).

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If Subaru, the one I really like is only the first gen GC8. The V9 & 10 sedan are not bad but I reallly don't like the bug eye (first GD model).
Easiest way to get GC8 is Putra convert hehe

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'm still waiting for the JDM version of this latest Impreza. 25th of August they will unveil their version of the WRX called WRX S4. 300hp. Its only a matter of time until they decided to unveil their version of STI. I'm expecting something of over 300hp. Probably 330hp?

Bug eye really looked funny to me. Even with its special edition S202, it still looks funny. But it is a wonder that with the same GDB body, they can manage to make it look really good in Version 9. The initial design of the car is for bug eye but they manage to facelift it into the hawk eye version 9 and still makes it look good. Probably the best facelift that I've ever seen. Version 8 still doesnt look that good although not exactly ugly.

Easiest way to get GC8 is Putra convert hehe
Got around 50k cash can get. See, got one selling. But not too sure whether is it original STI or not.

Subaru Impreza GC8 (M) 2.0 - Cars for sale in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan

At this price, it is impossible to get any ori Evo. Ori CE9A Evo III mostly also selling at 60 to 70k. CN9A Evo IV and CP9A Evo V and VI got too many converts from Lancer CK.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm still waiting for the JDM version of this latest Impreza. 25th of August they will unveil their version of the WRX called WRX S4. 300hp. Its only a matter of time until they decided to unveil their version of STI. I'm expecting something of over 300hp. Probably 330hp?

Power is not everything. What's the point of having a sore eye everytime you look at it in the garage? Changing an already damn ugly car like this is next to impossible to do, while upgrading for more power is way much easier. I was really dumbfounded how Subaru managed to make such a great and aggressive looking concept into this ugly car for production.

Bug eye really looked funny to me. Even with its special edition S202, it still looks funny. But it is a wonder that with the same GDB body, they can manage to make it look really good in Version 9. The initial design of the car is for bug eye but they manage to facelift it into the hawk eye version 9 and still makes it look good. Probably the best facelift that I've ever seen. Version 8 still doesnt look that good although not exactly ugly.

Even the V9 or so called eagle eye does not look that great to me due to the grill design although it's not ugly and way much better than bug eye and the V8. If only it uses a more conventional grill design then it would look way much better.

Got around 50k cash can get. See, got one selling. But not too sure whether is it original STI or not.

Subaru Impreza GC8 (M) 2.0 - Cars for sale in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan

At this price, it is impossible to get any ori Evo. Ori CE9A Evo III mostly also selling at 60 to 70k. CN9A Evo IV and CP9A Evo V and VI got too many converts from Lancer CK.
Evo I-III are too rare already hence people are selling Evo III like it's made out of gold, just ridiculous! Might as well buy Evo V-VI GSR at that price range.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Evo I-III are too rare already hence people are selling Evo III like it's made out of gold, just ridiculous! Might as well buy Evo V-VI GSR at that price range.
Same like the AE86, is gold now. I think mainly due to Initial D, that EVO III, AE86, RX-7 FD & FC and a few are due to Initial D Movie.

Somehow I still hope I could have the chance to get an AE86 even though is old but there is something i like about it. Not because of the movie alone. I would be lying if I say I'm not influenced by the movie even by a bit but kinda like that car.

At similar price range of AE86, I could choose a Celica ST202 or even ST205 instead or top up slightly more for a Altezza.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Also the fact that it is the original version among all Wira Evo, Satria Evo, Putra Evo converts throughout Malaysia. That sense of pride and ego in owning an original CD9A or CE9A Evo. I think that is one of the reason which hiked up the price.

I think based on metal value and parts value alone is not worth the price of used Evo I,II,III around here.

Same like the AE86, is gold now. I think mainly due to Initial D, that EVO III, AE86, RX-7 FD & FC and a few are due to Initial D Movie.

Somehow I still hope I could have the chance to get an AE86 even though is old but there is something i like about it. Not because of the movie alone. I would be lying if I say I'm not influenced by the movie even by a bit but kinda like that car.

At similar price range of AE86, I could choose a Celica ST202 or even ST205 instead or top up slightly more for a Altezza.
AE86 also usually 40k plus ma. Although it is expensive for a car that old, but the amount for the price wasn't as high as Evo III though. Heck, look at those EK9 converts. I repeat, CONVERTS and they are selling like way over 50k to 70k. Ordinary 2 door Civic EK body with parts from EK9 and it becomes so expensive? A bit too much I think. Get DC2 better for the sports car look but EK hatch is still very tempting although not ori EK9....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
AE86 also usually 40k plus ma. Although it is expensive for a car that old, but the amount for the price wasn't as high as Evo III though. Heck, look at those EK9 converts. I repeat, CONVERTS and they are selling like way over 50k to 70k. Ordinary 2 door Civic EK body with parts from EK9 and it becomes so expensive? A bit too much I think. Get DC2 better for the sports car look but EK hatch is still very tempting although not ori EK9....
AE86 some already reach RM50K+ :biggrin:
Saw one DC2 yesterday, I still prefer it over DC5.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
AE86 some already reach RM50K+ :biggrin:
Saw one DC2 yesterday, I still prefer it over DC5.
DC2 is lower and somehow had the more fierce looking front than DC5. More JDM feel in my opinion. Don't forget, DC2 got double wishbone suspension while DC5 don't.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
DC2 is lower and somehow had the more fierce looking front than DC5. More JDM feel in my opinion. Don't forget, DC2 got double wishbone suspension while DC5 don't.
DC5 more towards Euro look. But I do love the Accord Euro R hehe!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Which Euro R? CL1 or CL7? Eh, how come we sidetrack from the thread already... Suppose to be WRX STI now suddenly fly to Honda VTEC...

Nice pic found over the internet.
Cuz of u la haha! Sidetracked. CL7. Back to topic. GC8 price also not cheap ma. Also due to initial D? hehe!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Cuz of u la haha! Sidetracked. CL7. Back to topic. GC8 price also not cheap ma. Also due to initial D? hehe!
GC8 for 40k to 50k plus I think is okay compared with Evo. You get 4WD, turbocharged boxer engine with over 250hp nearing 300hp. Good enough for me. Under 50k not really that easy can find high powered car. Unless you want to count in those crazily modded 4G63T in Proton or perhaps RB20DET or RB25DET in A31 Cefiro...