Subaru 1.6TS

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Hi there, :)

I am a really zero knowledge in Subaru Impreza...The only thing i know is the shape and the Name..heheh! :D

Yesterday i read in the newspaper about this Subaru Impreza 1.6TS if i'm not mistaken. The price is about RM13x,xxx OTR. Before, i never interested on Impreza. But after i read about the description on this car, with the boxer engine and some more 1.6Liter only, then 4 doors, a good car for family and economical too. Then i've changed my mind maybe this is a good car to drive.

But the questions in my mind is this the car that really good to drive, and what about the fuel consumption, maintanance, is it not too expensive? and i really need the help of the Subaru Si-fu here. I really need the advise on this Subaru.

BTW, I want to thank all of you that read this and gave opinion to me.

Thank You.
[/B]Brabus

lotusgrey

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
brabus,
1.6ts is a good car. i hv the 1.6ts wagon. so far no problems at all. just regualr service tats all. maybe spend abit more on the gearbox oil cos its 4wd lor. oh yeah, oso will need 4.5l of enjin oil, extra 0.5l which the workshop will topup 4 u.
but the oni thing is no power. 1.6ts will produce maybe 100bhp but with the 4wd tranny n auto will sap alot of power la. exhaust mod will help tremendously cos even on 1.6 there r 3 catalytic converters, just like the turbo versions.
so if u wanna get 1.6ts, better to get the manual one. r they bringing in the sedan 1.6ts as well? cos last time oni hv wagon.
better to visit mysubaruclub.com to ask all the sifu opinion! :D

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Hi Lotus Grey,

Thanks a lot for the explaination. Yes, they brought in the sedan. that's why I'm kind of interested. ;) So, you said that I better get a Manual one? And one thing to ask la bro, how long have u owned this car? still 1.6 haa? 8)

lotusgrey

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
i hv owned mine for abt 2yrs edi. so far no probs at all, touch wood! interior still in perfect condition, lasting very well. upgraded mine to leather seats from MI, which they did quite a good job. dun know if they still offer it.
i would say get the manual la. cos the 1.6ts has abt 100bhp, which is less than wat a 1.6 waja has la. add an auto tranny and u get even less power. maybe the new ones hv more power?
oh yeah, mine still 1.6 :) we have a small no of wagon 1.6ts in the subaru club. we r NA runners! hahahaha :lol: :lol:

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
aLLO Lennon :D

Still finding money la to buy this car? Eh Lennon ni macam kenal lah! <_<

aka_lennon

Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
:angry: u dont know me ka?...lennon...The Uncle Of Mon....

buy one la..hurry2...,i will give %.....remember?....dont do like u fren rambus...buy "jentolak" skirting but dont spray2 lor..... :ph34r:

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Hahahah!!! :D
That's bloody Rambus is not my fren la:angry:...it's Ojeng's friend ;)
The skirting Jentolak only cost him RM35...But no money to spray! Huahhah! About this Impreza I'm thinking of it la Bro... :rolleyes: :wub:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Guys,

I've personally test drive the 1.6TS at MI PJ & I personally found that it not worth for money.(Last 7-8 months, I've been offered a price of RM121k. Now don't know). The car really-really underpower, fuel drunker & expensive to maintain. Except for the superb design, the rest i could say not worth etc.

p/s :- Just my personal opinion. WITHOUT PREJUDICE. :D :D

phantom76

May 13, 2005
Ampang
brabus said:
So....is it true? Any other opinion here?
bro brabus,

are you also from mysubaruclub?

fancy meeting you here as well....

how i wish to get a TS in malaysia? The mod potentials to be done in Malaysia are limitless, except for pocket burn.

khairiaz

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
brabus, the 1.6 at RM130k? I think it's not worth the money. better if you buy the WRX or STi.