Standard absorber

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Any advice?

Lately, came across a seller that sell adjustable spring and he recommend front 10k 220mm while 6k 250mm rear.

Is this a good (comfortable) setup?
that is massive harsh ride :driver:

Depends a lot on road condition in your area as well. I am using sport absorber matched with sport springs. The springs are 4k front and rear which should be relatively comfortable compared to adjustables that are usually 6k/4k at the very least. My car's stock set up is a softy 3.5k front and 2.8k rear before i change.

But for my area here, there roads are so screwed up that one actually needs the softest spring rate as much as possible because the car is bumping all the time. Even with my 4k, I feel the car is bumping and being jolted all the time on uneven roads. It's almost like riding with no springs.
yeap...even on my satria 1.6 auto with 4k front,3k rear still too firm...

might be swapping for 3k front and 2.5k rear later on.. :driver:

For me, no doubt I appreciate the road handling while on highway.. I do want certain comfort..
Based on my passengers, they prefer my previous perdana, with apm sport spring and absorber.

My feel, comfort but kinda low and not that good in handling.

I would love to pay prs a visit if they actually have a branch in johor..
The thing about johor is no one does suspension..
Ok, they does but not as in depth. Basically you just go to a workshop and have it replaced. While none actually cater to your needs. Ask them about modifying the spring on the adjustable, none actually know how or bother.

Ok, there's a few options, I'm trying to achieve cost effectiveness here.

Option 1.
I change all to stock, meaning apm sport spring with kyb excel g. This gonna cost me around rm800 with installation, will sold off the adjustable to savage the cost.

I come across a fellow in singapore, selling his eibach sport spring but for bmw. Not sure if it's a direct fit but I believe should able to fit with some modification by workshop.
Buy and replace my current adjustable spring.

I don't want a car that no one wants to sit.. but I also don't want a car that will float..

As compare to my savvy, most will prefer to sit despite its smaller. The handling and comfort is there. :driver:

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

The road here in jb, is equally as terrible.

You mean front can actually go for 4k while 2k rear?
Do note that mine is a turbo engine..
Is it possible?

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

My setup is front 215 45 17 while 225 45 17 at rear.
With eibach anti roll bar and 3 point engine bar

i would say 5k front and 3k rear would be a good baseline to start with.... and change from there if u still not satisfied with the result....good thing is adjustable springs is plenty available ranging from rm250/pair brand new and as cheap as rm150-100 for good used springs as well as get it free swap

Considering the size and weight of the Perdana is almost the same as my current Sylphy, I'm using 7k front 6k rear and the comfort level is so-so. I think I'd do better with 6k front 4k rear or 5k front 5k rear. But since yours is turbo-ed, probably a bit heavier so perhaps 6k or 7k front would be ideal.

After thinking a bit, I think you're better off with h/l/s/h suspension with 7k front 4k rear and just adjust the damper softness everytime you pick someone up. Then when by yourself stiffen the dampers. Best of both worlds. With that much power and weight, you'll do better with coilovers. Too soft and your handling will be affected (acceleration and stopping).

Don't bother with Eibach springs in your adjustables la, won't make a difference except the modification required.

Also, I keep forgetting you're in JB.
my forester with 7k front and 5k rear still felt a little bit stiff even with softest setting on the damping.... partially blaming the camber plate pillowball top mount and pillowball lateral link which eliminate most of rubber damping in the suspension assembly.... :rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seems he got difficulty in find the springs in JB and he want an exact set, keep changing no budget......hhahahhahha

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
that is massive harsh ride :driver:

yeap...even on my satria 1.6 auto with 4k front,3k rear still too firm...

might be swapping for 3k front and 2.5k rear later on.. :driver:

i would say 5k front and 3k rear would be a good baseline to start with.... and change from there if u still not satisfied with the result....good thing is adjustable springs is plenty available ranging from rm250/pair brand new and as cheap as rm150-100 for good used springs as well as get it free swap

my forester with 7k front and 5k rear still felt a little bit stiff even with softest setting on the damping.... partially blaming the camber plate pillowball top mount and pillowball lateral link which eliminate most of rubber damping in the suspension assembly.... :rofl:
Front 5k and rear 3k?

Thanks for the recommendation. The cheapest I found was rm70 for 1 spring. Sold by sato auto in mudah.. brand new though

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Seems he got difficulty in find the springs in JB and he want an exact set, keep changing no budget......hhahahhahha
Yeah. You are right..

Jb don't have such service ..

Been busy lately.. with work and my other car..
Did some major parts replacement, seat replacement and be sending in for respray in 2 weeks time. .

As for perdana..
It did come across my mind to live with the fact that adjustable never comes with comfort..

With adjustable, I can actually explore to go for 215 50 17, higher profile than my 45.

Or just buy a perfotmax and pair it with kyb excel g..

Anyway I have just place an order for a new red leather seat. Keke, wonder how would it look like in perdana.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Front 5k and rear 3k?

Thanks for the recommendation. The cheapest I found was rm70 for 1 spring. Sold by sato auto in mudah.. brand new though

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Yeah. You are right..

Jb don't have such service ..

Been busy lately.. with work and my other car..
Did some major parts replacement, seat replacement and be sending in for respray in 2 weeks time. .

As for perdana..
It did come across my mind to live with the fact that adjustable never comes with comfort..

With adjustable, I can actually explore to go for 215 50 17, higher profile than my 45.

Or just buy a perfotmax and pair it with kyb excel g..

Anyway I have just place an order for a new red leather seat. Keke, wonder how would it look like in perdana.
Wah! you budget yourself on the spring but buy leather seats......hahhahahhahaha:biggrin:
Or leave the setup alone, adjust down your damping rate first and try, next like you say go for 50 series tyres, and after all those still not okay then change springs...heh! heh!

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Wah! you budget yourself on the spring but buy leather seats......hahhahahhahaha:biggrin:
Or leave the setup alone, adjust down your damping rate first and try, next like you say go for 50 series tyres, and after all those still not okay then change springs...heh! heh!
Yeah.. to be honest with you..

I don't understand suspension.. plus I prefer comfort than speed.. hence comfort wise, I will rather spend money for it.

I was told you also an expert in tyre.

Any recommendations for cheap and gd rubber?

Looking at atr 2, nt8000, saw some promo in jb for mc5 and excellence but only at 215 45 17. Price is around rm275 for each.

For those who may need this, evo engine also uses the same engine mount as per perdana sei. I just change mine for rm150 excluding labor

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

I don't understand suspension.. plus I prefer comfort than speed.. hence comfort wise, I will rather spend money for it.

Looking at atr 2, nt8000, saw some promo in jb for mc5 and excellence but only at 215 45 17. Price is around rm275 for each.

For those who may need this, evo engine also uses the same engine mount as per perdana sei. I just change mine for rm150 excluding labor

just use the spring rate mentioned earlier first (or softer 4k front and 3k rear)....if you still not satisfied....the only way is just to find oem springs and use it combo with sapura proride yellow absorber.....

*adding link from other site for spring rate reference/comparison guide : http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...nsored-tire-rack/66296-spring-rate-chart.html

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

If you mean cheap and good in performance then hard to find.....lol
ATR2 and NT8000 are Achilles and Neuton tyres from Indonesia. MC5 are mid end Conti and Excellence are mid end Goodyear.
215/50R17 have many brands and models. Branded like Michelin, Goodyear are more expensive.
Try ask price of RE-003 since this recently launched tyre have lower price.
However you will find 215/50R17 more expensive then 215/45R17 as 45 series size more popular and more choices.
If want cheap can try Rovelo A1 Sports also.....These are Made in Vietnam tyres, owned by China Company

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
End up I got myself re002, 225 45 17 x 04

I notice a good thing about having adjustable, least the tyre wouldn't rub on the fender. Least for now.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
End up I got myself re002, 225 45 17 x 04

I notice a good thing about having adjustable, least the tyre wouldn't rub on the fender. Least for now.
RE-002? How old are the tyres? RE-003 already out like 1 year already......:confused:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
1 year old, got it from a friend in sg.
Condition very good.

Didn't really have any chance to try on the road yet.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Btw, I recently re-did my absorbers at PRS and it's now setup as "comfort sport". Bloody awesome!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

My inspira braking system not so good...anyone have idea how to improve?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience