Spark Plugs

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I remember reading that the iridium tough can last up to 100k km, not the normal iridium, right?
100k km is insane. Denso Tough claims that? I'd like to see that happen without any performance drop. That would be seriously be impressive

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why? I have used both and honestly can't really tell which one better.
In my use case, NGK didn't foul as easily as Denso. But just my personal feel la. But now I am using Denso cause easier to source.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I only tried Denso iridium before, because of the 0.4mm tip. First set lasted quite long but when car started to jerk, then change to 2nd set. 2nd set did not last long as one piece the ceramic chip off, then back to platinum due to costing..... :smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
In my use case, NGK didn't foul as easily as Denso. But just my personal feel la. But now I am using Denso cause easier to source.
Denso easier to source or your specific model of Denso is easier to source.

Never used Denso on my cars, so far only NGK stock, platinum, and Iridium. Now only on stock replacement. Last time (very long time ago) i buy a set of NGK platinum for RM40 and NGK Iridium for below RM100. i buy from distributor.

I have used Denso before on my EX5....didnt notice anything different in term of reliability.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I only tried Denso iridium before, because of the 0.4mm tip. First set lasted quite long but when car started to jerk, then change to 2nd set. 2nd set did not last long as one piece the ceramic chip off, then back to platinum due to costing..... :smokin:
Wah, next time try NGK la. See how.

Denso easier to source or your specific model of Denso is easier to source.

Never used Denso on my cars, so far only NGK stock, platinum, and Iridium. Now only on stock replacement. Last time (very long time ago) i buy a set of NGK platinum for RM40 and NGK Iridium for below RM100. i buy from distributor.

I have used Denso before on my EX5....didnt notice anything different in term of reliability.
Denso easier to source for me. Never bothered, I don't think its that big a difference. But if both NGK and Denso is in front of my face, I choose the cheaper one. If both same price, i choose NGK.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah, next time try NGK la. See how.

Denso easier to source for me. Never bothered, I don't think its that big a difference. But if both NGK and Denso is in front of my face, I choose the cheaper one. If both same price, i choose NGK.
Now on NGK normal and probably next will be NGK Platinum.....lol

UniKorn

Dec 3, 2018
Bro, any difference between Platinum and Iridium?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Bro, any difference between Platinum and Iridium?
The price & replacement interval. Iridium is more expensive and claimed to have longer life span.

If your plug is a bit hard to access like on some V engine, boxer, etc....might as well use Iridium as u will save money on labour cost.

If just running normal 3 pot, 4 pot then normal plug is good enough.If gatal tangan then buy platinum, if gatal wallet then buy Iridium.

Reactions: vr2turbo

UniKorn

Dec 3, 2018
The price & replacement interval. Iridium is more expensive and claimed to have longer life span.

If your plug is a bit hard to access like on some V engine, boxer, etc....might as well use Iridium as u will save money on labour cost.

If just running normal 3 pot, 4 pot then normal plug is good enough.If gatal tangan then buy platinum, if gatal wallet then buy Iridium.
Roger that.
Just curious,
For a platinum plug, what's the typical lifespt. 50k km?
Iridium 100k km?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Roger that.
Just curious,
For a platinum plug, what's the typical lifespt. 50k km?
Iridium 100k km?
Typically. But best to follow owners manual because warranty.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I used to use NGK on all my Mitsubishi because the stock original plugs that came with the cars were all NGK. Now using Mark X, I use Denso coz the original one a is also Denso. On the Swift is also using Denso. Had tried HKS on my X which is ok also but not sure who made it, I suspect it's NGK. Oh the Livina original plugs I think is NGK so I just follow.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I used to use NGK on all my Mitsubishi because the stock original plugs that came with the cars were all NGK. Now using Mark X, I use Denso coz the original one a is also Denso. On the Swift is also using Denso. Had tried HKS on my X which is ok also but not sure who made it, I suspect it's NGK. Oh the Livina original plugs I think is NGK so I just follow.
For my Chery SUV it came with Bosch 3 tip electrode, search around cannot find, check with Bosch only one shop in Ipoh still having some stock, then went and check alternative and saw it was NGK platinum and that is what I am using now and easy to find.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
For my Chery SUV it came with Bosch 3 tip electrode, search around cannot find, check with Bosch only one shop in Ipoh still having some stock, then went and check alternative and saw it was NGK platinum and that is what I am using now and easy to find.....lol
wow...a normal car which require 3 tip...maybe they used that as a marketing jargon at their homeland.