Sound Like Racing Car

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
Anyone knows what happen to my car.
After change the perdana trottle body into my Satria 1.6 my engine sound like i'm using high cam engine...actually all are stock except my 4-2-1 extractor.....My RPM constant below 1k but the sound n the exzos flow like my car using racing cam.... go to wshop, they tuning,changemy plug, cable plug n adjust my distributor..but the prob still happen...... help me for those who have these prob too.. is't true all this will ok afteri overhaul my engine. My mileage only 28k km....

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
maybe the throttle body is dirty.. and the idle controller may be faulty or incompatible with your current vehicle. change back stock throttle body problem solved.

jcn9690

1,000 RPM
Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
u just change TB???...so it improve ur air intake....much air enter thru ur TB...

but to optimeze the air/fuel..u need to tune ur injector too...so ur injector can fire equal amount of fuel to mix with the air...this can be doe by tuning ur ECU...

jus my 2 cents...

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
yes bigger TB means more air goin in hence more air also comes out to your exhaust outlet cos burning fast inside. thats why u hear ur exhaust note to be louder, am sure u have those safc inside ur car that can tune it back. electronics i am not sure but for carb its just by turning idle screw and a/f screw.

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
ftzone said:
maybe the throttle body is dirty.. and the idle controller may be faulty or incompatible with your current vehicle. change back stock throttle body problem solved.
change back to stock TB? wahh...no money meh, this Perdana TB i bought new rm700...other than change the TB, should i change the ekzos to? if not, i need to change the Tb butterfly to 1.6 back......

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
sogo KL
try check vacum hose...(i forgot what name we call)...
the hose r connected from ur TB/intake manifold to ur Head.
if this hose r lose... its might ur engine unstable in idling..such high cam.

try to check all other hose... sometime, 1 losen hose will occur ur engine like thaat..ehhee...power ma..garang wooo

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
thanks evoganu,will check all the hose..
hehehe....very garang maaa my car now....dunno how to show u the sound here............... :)
EvoGanu said:
try check vacum hose...(i forgot what name we call)...
the hose r connected from ur TB/intake manifold to ur Head.
if this hose r lose... its might ur engine unstable in idling..such high cam.

try to check all other hose... sometime, 1 losen hose will occur ur engine like thaat..ehhee...power ma..garang wooo

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
hmm... yr intake manifold should me larger since u changed a larger cc tb...try checking the intake manifold see if need a larger one...

jee_square

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Taman Melawati
1.6 using perdana t/b is too big... Good for top end power.. If u use GTi t/b on 1.6 engine for sure ngam already.. The high cam sound alike normally is caused by the ISC below the throttle body trumpet.. Try sending it for service and get a new pair of ISC gears..

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
i thought that just plug & play only..coz if i not mistaken, only for mivec TB that need to change the manifold too.........

jee_square
my Tb is new one,two weeks used... dun think the prob bcoz of ISC gear....

btw, i also noticed that, at the idle position, my fuel gauge meter drop slowly n slowly......even in traffic jam it also drop slowly, but when accelarate, it going up again......... wah tension....

if it all coz of the TB, i think i need to change it to 1.6 TB back.........
Conclusion,
anyone interested with my 2 weeks perdana SE TB? i sell it at rm550 only... (still can nego)... really make me tension...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ax XX said:
I did my silver car via an authorised Mxxxxxxxx detail shop. 3 to 4 layers coated on it but frankly speaking I do not like the outcome. The paint turns 'sandly feel' in less than 2 months. What I do to preserve the smooth surface is coat it up by 'Pxxxx Sxxxx' once or twice a month.

Hi Buddy
thanks for bringing up - 2 issue i would like to clear up here

There is no such myths of 3-4 "layer coat " or 3 or 4 steps
(what ever malaysia car wash / polish centre)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience