Sound From Dashboard

n3lly

Junior Member
Senior Member

n3lly

Junior Member
Senior Member
Dec 9, 2003
13
0
3,001
HELP ME!!! guys... im driving a wira and when ever i drive over some rough roads, i could hear some noise coming out from my dashboard... anyone got any same problem and remedy?!
 

syiokGILER

500 RPM
Senior Member

syiokGILER

500 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 17, 2003
652
0
3,016
take out the dashboard .. tighten every nuts and bolts .. put back the dashboard, sure no more sound
 

johnsonlam

DIY King
Senior Member

johnsonlam

DIY King
Senior Member
Nov 17, 2003
1,182
313
3,183
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by syiokGILER@Feb 18 2004, 09:01 AM
take out the dashboard .. tighten every nuts and bolts .. put back the dashboard, sure no more sound
YUPz ! :D

At the same time, can clean the inner part of your speedo display also.
 

Bert

500 RPM
Senior Member

Bert

500 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 16, 2003
571
1
3,018
Muddy Delta
Visit site
This is a common problem with Protons...

What happens is the clips that hold the dash to the frame breaks or comes loose. Thus what you hear could be the dash hitting the frame or a wire itting the frame.
 

S1997

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

S1997

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 18, 2003
999
3
3,138
ei johnson..i think it would b a good idea for u to have one live DIY season in PISA to teach ppl how to kau tim all the funny noises from proton leh..ehehhe...sure whole PISA full of cars man!
 

3's

Junior Member
Senior Member

3's

Junior Member
Senior Member
Nov 18, 2003
22
0
3,001
hello ppl..just wanna add somemore noise problems im facing myself but mines wierd! ;) . Whenever i go high speed.(150+) theres this cracking sound coming from the dashboard.wat could it be?????

another common annoying sound is the wind sound coming from the door(side mirror area). could it be the worn out rubber door lining?? or ??.. :blink:
 

johnsonlam

DIY King
Senior Member

johnsonlam

DIY King
Senior Member
Nov 17, 2003
1,182
313
3,183
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by S1997@Feb 18 2004, 03:43 PM
ei johnson..i think it would b a good idea for u to have one live DIY season in PISA to teach ppl how to kau tim all the funny noises from proton leh..ehehhe...sure whole PISA full of cars man!
Like that ah ? Can also. But it would be only for Protons right ? Other cars cannot leh.

Maybe will bring Insulflex during the session, can do sound damping for bonet and boot :) hehe
 

n3lly

Junior Member
Senior Member

n3lly

Junior Member
Senior Member
Thread starter
Dec 9, 2003
13
0
3,001
hey johnson, do you think it is possible for a unguided nooby to tighten the dshboard by himself or you would recomend someplace i could go to?!
 

S1997

1,000 RPM
Senior Member

S1997

1,000 RPM
Senior Member
Nov 18, 2003
999
3
3,138
Originally posted by johnsonlam+Feb 19 2004, 08:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnsonlam @ Feb 19 2004, 08:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-S1997@Feb 18 2004, 03:43 PM
ei johnson..i think it would b a good idea for u to have one live DIY season in PISA to teach ppl how to kau tim all the funny noises from proton leh..ehehhe...sure whole PISA full of cars man!
Like that ah ? Can also. But it would be only for Protons right ? Other cars cannot leh.

Maybe will bring Insulflex during the session, can do sound damping for bonet and boot :) hehe [/b][/quote]
hmm...i think all cars also can lar.....other cars no that kind of funny noises? what about ur car?
 

Angelz

Known Member
Senior Member

Angelz

Known Member
Senior Member
Jan 5, 2004
333
0
3,016
hey how abt bout my back windscreen and boot area.. sumwhere near the speaker ler... err.. got alot of sound..? when i playing music...

hehe....
 

johnsonlam

DIY King
Senior Member

johnsonlam

DIY King
Senior Member
Nov 17, 2003
1,182
313
3,183
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by S1997+Feb 19 2004, 01:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S1997 @ Feb 19 2004, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by johnsonlam@Feb 19 2004, 08:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-S1997
@Feb 18 2004, 03:43 PM
ei johnson..i think it would b a good idea for u to have one live DIY season in PISA to teach ppl how to kau tim all the funny noises from proton leh..ehehhe...sure whole PISA full of cars man!

Like that ah ? Can also. But it would be only for Protons right ? Other cars cannot leh.

Maybe will bring Insulflex during the session, can do sound damping for bonet and boot :) hehe
hmm...i think all cars also can lar.....other cars no that kind of funny noises? what about ur car? [/b][/quote]
May car no sound from dash board and console.

Only sound is from doors (Rubber peeling off) and my Seats.. The welding broke from my hash driving..

:D