Someone tried to jack my ride

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I think this happend when I left it at the basement for a few days during December when we went holidaying.

At first the central locking mechanism for the driver side got some funny noise when it engages. Then few days back got a knocking sound when I swivel the door after a loud *PIANG* sound from the door when it automatically locks the door.

Today went to Honda Malaysia service center to fix it and also for servicing.

The guy told me that its not my central locking spoiled.
Someone tried to jack the car by inserting something (maybe metal) into the keyhole and it got broken off and left in there.

Have to change the keyhole for the driver side its about rm150 for the part alone. I don't know but maybe the passanger side also maybe got problem.

My mom said fix the driver side only, but if I do that then the driver side door will be using a different key from the rest of the doors.

I was thinking of changing all the keyholes, since maybe the passanger side also rosak.

Any suggestions?

I wanna beef up security for this car.
It currently has a stock cobra alarm+immobilizer.
Its a Honda Jazz.

wiramod11

Known Member
Mar 22, 2004
Seraph...bro...better change all key holes with different key lar....cause first think about it..if that bugger thief want to steal your car they will just smack it open it and hot wire and there you go ...your ride gone... but looks to me they are trying to copy cat your car key.... so better change the whole key holes into different keys even you have 3 different keys also never mind better precaution than later just shock head because of the loss....

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
I don't think the thief manage to copy your key, if yes the thing won't stuck in your key hole. By changing to a new key hole also no use because they can come back again. My advise to you is to install a tracking system eg Captor. It's not foolproof, but at least you have done your best.

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
holy crap....
thiefs nowsdays reali crappy man.....

change all different wan
since u have a remote..

narx

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
and make sure when u turn off ur alarm,

then it doesnt unlock, unlock it with a key..

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
stock car cobra alarm system, dam yummy for kaki curi!!! If u still continue use this one, i will wish u good luck on your car safety!!!
Honda Jazz, chun car should be equip with hightech alarm not this kindergarden alarm system too easy target for kaki curi-leh brother.

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by Tohsan@Jan 12 2005, 12:33
stock car cobra alarm system, dam yummy for kaki curi!!! If u still continue use this one, i will wish u good luck on your car safety!!!
Honda Jazz, chun car should be equip with hightech alarm not this kindergarden alarm system too easy target for kaki curi-leh brother.
gimme suggestion lah <_<

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
try to mod ur lock to dbl locking system too....just my opinion....
like WRX STI's...they got dbl locking feature...
make the thief more 'mafan'

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Seraph,

First thing u gotta upgrade your alarm system,go talk to this guy Bao Soo Nang 019-3246646, tell him your need a Clifford AG 5 alarm system. He is a clifford top sales company n the workmanship also not bad. At the same time add in stuff like bonnet lock.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
what is this bonnet lock? how does it work and where can i get it installed?

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
or get the radiostar 2 way which noname selling..
lotsa good feed back..
set it to most sensitive...

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
hey bro,
its better to be safe than sorry..
advisable to change the whole part..

last time my friend wira kena..
thieves stole the rear bonnet key opener,
then make a duplicate key..
disable the alarm and just stole his car..

when his car was found, all sound system and enhancements, accesories including aircon and rims all hilang..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Newbie here.....
wanted to ask can Satria GTI old satria model brake modification.....
Can R32 skyline brake caliper front 4 pot and rear 2 pot(with drum) able to mod into it ?
or any suggestion sifu
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience