Some tips to share.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Hope that my first post is a constructive one.

I once read an interview dialogue between a motoring journalist and a professional car thieve from Hong Kong. That guy mentioned, there is no car that they cannot steal. Even Mercedes Benz with keyless entries, can be easily stolen. They tapped the electronic sensors of the bonnet, opened it, changed the on board computers, and walla! unlocks the door with their own key, and start the engine. <-- Thats how good professional car thieves are. The gripe when stealing it? THE TIME NEEDED FOR EACH CAR.

When on their hunting for potential victims, they determine their target by the time needed to complete the tasks. Not specifically car models. And if a car is installed with very high tech, sophisticated anti-burglary systems, which made the thieve, able to get themselves into it, but no matter how hard they try, keep failing on starting the vehicles, they will get mad and starts to vandalize the car.

Hence, as mentioned, the smartest way to prevent your car for being stolen, is to let them see, they have to spend alot of time on that particular vehicle, then they will wander off. How to do that? buy three items, steering lock, gear level lock, and pedal lock. These steel locks, although intrusive, requires brutal force to cut off, hence after considering that they have to first open the doors, cut off three items, taking the total time to more than half an hour, they would rather choose a fast, easy prey.

Hopefully you guys can make this a sticky and let everyone read it. This is very effective in my point of view. Far better than satellite systems, Cobra or Vipers.... :)

Last edited:

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
good advice.....good thread...

i sure when get gaji to go get me a set of 3 different locks...

hope no car stolen in 2006.....

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
i used steering lock and a pedal lock... feels better as i dont fully trust my wira stock alarm system..

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
the best tip eveR! :biggrin:

nowadays..regular or original alarm systems aren't really effective la..i mean..if an alarm goes of..most of us will think that.."oh,just another car that has gone haywire"

even worse..locking cars with just your keys!

paling teruk is..ppl who dont even lock their cars!just this morning i was parked beside a saga which was unlocked.. :secruity:

so...the best way to prevent your car frm getting stolen..slapping on all 3 of those locks!heheheheh :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
better still y don't u install the high-class alarm systems WITH all those steel locks eh? buys u even more time :)

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
I used to lock my car with these 3 things whenever i parked my car at a not-so-safe place....steering lock, gear lock and my trusty Solex Pedal lock.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
best if you could learn it from Mr Bean = take the steering wheel with you. :regular_smile:

jigc

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
but, u may know, bolehland thieve are not pro enough :P
instead, they have patient to cut the lock 1 by 1.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
those metal locks are damn hard to cut through wan...so it will delay them and 90% they'll just forget it la...coz too risky...

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
yeah....
hehe
btw, got any place to recommend to install brake locks??

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
the pedal lock make me feel very secure...but please..dont buy the "ayam" one.later,the thief karate..the lock will patah!!!hahaha...wachaaa..but if he karate the autolock from smartshop..his hand will patah..wachaa...or lumpuh separuh badan!!paralize la..

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yeah! dont buy the ciplak wan! like that baseball bat thing! hahaha
any lock that has plastic on it...i dont trust..