Simplest DIY Side Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
this simple blardy "fcuk urself in the well with 10,000volt" side gap edi done ages ago since batu tiga days laa... whats the problem?

new side gap?? woW i'll be damn...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
he's the pioneer of everything mah...
now global economic crisis only wanna do side gapping
xD

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
i know bout it but dont know the effect...anybody can let me know the pro & con?...

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Do that mod yourself equals

*cue the song 'the inkspots - i don't want to set the world on fire'

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
long time ago i tired tis. but the prob is the electrod eat side way. have to correct them quite frequent. not too convinient for my 1jz as my coil pack had to be removed in order to access the plugs.and not to mention the plastic cover too .. so many things to open

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
just my 2 cents...IF by side gapping,d spark produced is on par w those so-called performance plugs,thn y didn't d manufacturers did it frm d factory?reliability issue?warranty issue?what?
i've never tried dis b4 n i dun plan 2 unless sum1 can vouch 4 its reliability ler............
anyway,whr is dis well w 10,000volts ar?SOMEONE ought 2 b thrown in der,right?HAHAHAHH

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
just my 2 cents...IF by side gapping,d spark produced is on par w those so-called performance plugs,thn y didn't d manufacturers did it frm d factory?reliability issue?warranty issue?what?
i've never tried dis b4 n i dun plan 2 unless sum1 can vouch 4 its reliability ler............
anyway,whr is dis well w 10,000volts ar?SOMEONE ought 2 b thrown in der,right?HAHAHAHH
reliability issue... the electrode will experience wear n tear... this same goes to normal plugs which had its electrode hovers over it... normal sparkplugs with electrode hovering over it has longer lifespan as the gap remains the same even there is wear n tear on the long electrode leg....

on the other hand... for sidegapped sparkplugs, once the electrode leg wears off, the gap widens and u will experience missfiring... if u know how to regap the gaping, it can still be reused... i've been using sidegapped plugs for few years already... each time when i experience sluggish performance, i'll regap the gaping....

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
so,dis side gapping REALLY works just dat it'll b a continious "maintenance" on d gapping part,right?
hmmmmmm..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This happen to those car park outside the 1U shopping center,those like to park their car beside the road side beside the shopping center need to be extra careful. This bunch of thief is dress in smart suit. They have 2 group of people ready. The first group of thief will purpose hang around and wait for you to go into shopping center after that, they will make your car alarm trigger maybe give a kick or something, if owner come out to check then they will aim others car. If after they...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience