simple diy

zulkefz

May 25, 2005
ipoh perak
my 86 saga orion,using a motocycle petrol filter..lately my carb always 'sumbat'..what ur guys opinions..

trex92

Aug 10, 2004
why use a motorcycle's petrol filter and not the car's original filter? Motorcycle's petrol filter is way too small to be used for car... if car's original filter cannot be found then mod iswara or even a wira's petrol filter for ur car...

zulkefz

May 25, 2005
ipoh perak
sorry for the missunderstanding..the existing/stock petrol filter + motocycle petrol filter one laa..double filter for better filtering :regular_smile:

trex92

Aug 10, 2004
:D :D our petrol is not that dirty until need to use double filter. Besides, if u really want to use double filter, use back ur car's original filter. Motorcycle's petrol filter is too small, just think of bomba high pressure water pipes but using small tap, so water come out also too small. My recommendation, just stick back with using single filter. Some more ur car is carburetor car, so u dun need to worry too much on dirty petrol clogging up things like fuel injector.

Kodiak_gbl

Johor
I think u should remove the motorcycle filter. Stick with the single filter. Have you serviced the carb recently. Try using the Card cleaner additive. Add it in your fuel tank. It should help remove and dirt in the card jets.

Cheers :)

zulkefz

May 25, 2005
ipoh perak
thanks for the reply..
this month only i had twice service my carb(do it my self)..rebuilt & service+clean using carb spray..but my carb always 'meragam'(confirmed)..maybe it clogged by dirt in fuel pump,i think..
stock fuel filter one can only filtered before fuel pump :sad_smile:
nowdays (after diy) i will monitoring, if it happened ('sumbat) again..:confused_smile:

If you thought the unveiling of five new models at the Paris Motor Show would keep the boys from Hethel in a bind, you’re sadly mistaken. Not only are they focused on the new product line up, they’ve also announced plans to expand their racing program extensively.

As we’ve reported earlier, Lotus Formula One arm will be dropping Cosworth and...