SIMOTA TWISTER Air Ram for mivec... gain HP??

deserte4gle

Known Member
Oct 13, 2006

I got few question about this air ram...
The twister air ram(also known as whale penis,guppy intake, dugong,J's racing air ram n ect)... is it recommended for mivec??
what's the advantage for using this air ram that used by most vtec's car??
some said that the it give a nice sound, gain more hp than stock air ram but some also said that cant feel anything.....
I went to Kakimotor at sunway... and he offer me RM280 for complete simota set( twister air ram + simota air filter )
and my next ques is... simota air filter is it good?? im thinking to buy only the twister air ram + k&n air filter coz i dun get any good feedback about the simota air filter......
by the way the twister air ram really looks great in the engine bay... ;D
Hope u guys can share ur knowledge about this air ram and simota air filter.. ...
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ride&Handling

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Re: SIMOTA TWISTER(WHALE PENIS) Air Ram for mivec... gain HP??

good question..actually im also looking on to this thing as well..what i know..not sure yet but this pipe's material is ceramic but slightly heavier if compared to steel or aluminium pipe. However the material rejects engine heat better and the pipe harder to get hot..by how much i dont know:hmmmm:..if that so, this prematurely deliver higher density air and ultimately more efficient combustion will take place..and also your air mass flowrate also will increase compare to std airbox as the initial pipe diameter is bigger than std airbox and air flow is one direction straight to the throttle body. by right this would increase hp lor..am not sure about the simota filter though although im thinking of replacing my cokia filter to apexi cone filter as its easier to maintain than k&n's..:hmmmm2: other opinions pls..

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang

that pipe is made from frp like material, is heat resistant and last for long time.

yes, the effect will be much better than the OEM filter,simota filter is actually as good as knn, not too much differ in dyno test. you can put your bet on them .....

of course for optimum performance, the air fuel ratio is best to be map again.......

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ

im using it and i feel better response from my engine, especially at high rpms. not to mention u can hear the air filter sucking for air when u are at high rpms. overall, for the price i paid, i say its quite value for money. the only problem about it is that, when the filter goes, u gotta get the whole set again (filter + air ram) cuz they dun just sell the filter.

as for why vtec/mivec uses this? i was told by hattech-v, that when the vtec/miven opens, the guppy design provides extra air. perfect for variable valve engines.

deserte4gle

Known Member
Oct 13, 2006

that pipe is made from frp like material, is heat resistant and last for long time.

yes, the effect will be much better than the OEM filter,simota filter is actually as good as knn, not too much differ in dyno test. you can put your bet on them .....

of course for optimum performance, the air fuel ratio is best to be map again.......
simota as good as knn?? woa!!~ thats good... coz simota can get around RM50 for the air filter... :)

deserte4gle

Known Member
Oct 13, 2006

im using it and i feel better response from my engine, especially at high rpms. not to mention u can hear the air filter sucking for air when u are at high rpms. overall, for the price i paid, i say its quite value for money. the only problem about it is that, when the filter goes, u gotta get the whole set again (filter + air ram) cuz they dun just sell the filter.

as for why vtec/mivec uses this? i was told by hattech-v, that when the vtec/miven opens, the guppy design provides extra air. perfect for variable valve engines.
owh ic.... currently im using oversize tb(evo7's tb 65mm)...thats why i need a bigger air ram to perform more but i didnt rebore my intake manifold... is it ok?
kakimotor sunway selling the air filter separately..... :) how much u bought it for the whole set?? do u have extra unit??

when mivec open... does it help increasing the sound??

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ

defiitely louder when ur mivec opens, i can guarantee u that. no i dont have an extra unit, im just an end user just like u. i cant rmb, somewhere around 250-280...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

simota as good as knn?? woa!!~ thats good... coz simota can get around RM50 for the air filter... :)
depends on model bro.those cheap 1 r not made from polyurethane rubber.

defiitely louder when ur mivec opens, i can guarantee u that. no i dont have an extra unit, im just an end user just like u. i cant rmb, somewhere around 250-280...
i sell to u lar rm230....hehehe
Simota Ugly & sucks....
don't say like that bro jin.even top fuel n j's sell them....:burnout:

i try my best to explain how it works as i read before the advantage of having this "leech"
intake system.when u floor the pedal,ur engine will suck a lot of air.when shifting,u will
depress the pedal n the throttle shut close.when u re-press the throttle again,all the air
that been "kept" in the big tube will be suck again into the engine w/o ur engine needing
to work on sucking the air from the filter.i read this from top fuel web long time ago.
hope this help.:proud:

deserte4gle

Known Member
Oct 13, 2006

i sell to u lar rm230....hehehe
bro.... really mad at u... i already bought it at kakimotor just now for rm260.... why didnt u reply it earlier????? :mad::bawling::banghead:

by the way... r u GT AUTO guy from sunway??? behind millenium??? if yes can i know how much is the chargers for tuning the e-manage??? and also dyno test???

i try my best to explain how it works as i read before the advantage of having this "leech"
intake system.when u floor the pedal,ur engine will suck a lot of air.when shifting,u will
depress the pedal n the throttle shut close.when u re-press the throttle again,all the air
that been "kept" in the big tube will be suck again into the engine w/o ur engine needing
to work on sucking the air from the filter.i read this from top fuel web long time ago.
thats a good info bro.... appreciate it..... may i know whats ur name??

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

not as wat i mean, i mean simota 1 is ugly cos the color & the texture.... again, it sucks coz of it's quality of filtering... not the design....

hahaha... another thing u shld add is, to makes the venturi effect.

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere

need to remove the batery to boot or modify the batery location in order to install this air ram n was going to install it but wen it involves cost to relocate the batery so i dropped it. now using apexi filter not bad for mivec but now gatal again to try this air ram. i tel u wat after instal this type air ram u really can notice the air intake sound wen mivec engage ! my frens used it n some all used/using it for vtec as its plug n play/desinged for vtec engines !
cool u know n performance increase ..... hmmm yeah mayb but the engine revs more smother n louder of course :driver:try dyno u wil get the fiqures :wavey:

deserte4gle

Known Member
Oct 13, 2006

need to remove the batery to boot or modify the batery location in order to install this air ram n was going to install it but wen it involves cost to relocate the batery so i dropped it. now using apexi filter not bad for mivec but now gatal again to try this air ram. i tel u wat after instal this type air ram u really can notice the air intake sound wen mivec engage ! my frens used it n some all used/using it for vtec as its plug n play/desinged for vtec engines !
cool u know n performance increase ..... hmmm yeah mayb but the engine revs more smother n louder of course :driver:try dyno u wil get the fiqures :wavey:
yeah....... i already remove my batt at trunk..... cost me around rm160 only..... i already bought it.... n its really cool.... but about the sound why i cant feel the diff??? my muffler is rsr magic 2.3inlet.... and yeah engine running more smoother.... :)

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere

yeah....... i already remove my batt at trunk..... cost me around rm160 only..... i already bought it.... n its really cool.... but about the sound why i cant feel the diff??? my muffler is rsr magic 2.3inlet.... and yeah engine running more smoother.... :)
u moved the batery huh ..... any starting issue watsoever ? coz some say relocating the batery to boot wil cause starting issue sooner or later ! so mayb u need to be mindful of this matter n always check ur batery amps or charging condition!
do u mind sharing wer u did the relocation ? or PM me ! thanks :wavey:

deserte4gle

Known Member
Oct 13, 2006

u moved the batery huh ..... any starting issue watsoever ? coz some say relocating the batery to boot wil cause starting issue sooner or later ! so mayb u need to be mindful of this matter n always check ur batery amps or charging condition!
do u mind sharing wer u did the relocation ? or PM me ! thanks :wavey:
Hmm....... i removed the batt long time ago... i think already 6 months.... so far no prob....
but ive 3 amps n 1 big woofer... soo i need more grounding cable to support my batt..... last time i got starting prob but then after i put another relay n 5 points grounding cable(4GA) prob solve already.....

alot of ppl relocate the batt at the trunk but mine at the behind of driver seat coz my trunk is full with soundsystem... i did fibre design at my trunk.....

but IMO, i think relocate the battery at the trunk is good for performance if u pull the air ram till behind of the headlamp coz the air filter will suck cold air instead of sucking hot air in the engine......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience