Show us your Mitsubishi Airtrek pictures...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Looked like he had some plans for the car, manual for more power?
Yes... I don't know exactly how much power the car was making after his engine swap but I am sure it'll be far more than my original 270whp. Plotting in manual tranny alone can easily increase 30-40whp.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yah! initially when you mentioned owner died, I too thought he was speeding, until I read that it was not his fault....
Precisely... I also got to know he already has an Airtrek but a NA one. I guess he was eyeing for the turbo version and bought mine from the dealer I traded the car in.

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Well I bought an Airtrek Turbo at Auction in Japan to import to the UK a couple of days ago.

So I’m looking forward to reading all the old posts on here to keep me entertained during the 2/3 month wait for it to arrive. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well I bought an Airtrek Turbo at Auction in Japan to import to the UK a couple of days ago.

So I’m looking forward to reading all the old posts on here to keep me entertained during the 2/3 month wait for it to arrive. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet! Alright to share the price you manage to get it for?

Reactions: MrRob_in

xamel1975

Dec 6, 2004
Repaint the Trek with Nardo Grey with Black hood .

Now I need to find the hood scoop plug.

Next will be either lowering the front end and perhaps spacer all around.

Attachments

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Sweet! Alright to share the price you manage to get it for?
Sorry for delay replying as I don’t seem to be getting notifications...

About £3,400 (GBP) after import taxes.
Then £500 service and fluid changes including full alignment and setting up the coilovers.
But we then found the gearbox has eaten the wave spring* so it’s having a secondhand one fitted now, another £1,000. And I’ve still not driven it yet.

25F044C6-82B3-41F1-AAD3-96B3E61E32B6.jpeg

Registration and a years road tax is £330.

Still cheap enough but not as good a deal as I’d hoped for. Fingers crossed replacement trans is good.

Reactions: Tom

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys, my anme is Ravin and i am a new owner of a 2005 pearl white Airtrek Turbo, all stock just with 18 inch rims.

Is there any whatsapp group, will be good to keep in touch. Also my car is very stock , fuel consumption is crazy im using
Ron97 , RM70 = 170km

I am from KL , any mods i should consider. I am thinking of,

1. BOV vent to atmosphere type (any recommendations)
2. Reflash ecu, Where to do this? as i heard it improves performance and fc

Plan to keep my car stock performance wise, no FMIC or bigger turbo plans for now.

All feedback is much appreciated guys, thanks

Reactions: 4gbanger

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi Guys, my anme is Ravin and i am a new owner of a 2005 pearl white Airtrek Turbo, all stock just with 18 inch rims.

Is there any whatsapp group, will be good to keep in touch. Also my car is very stock , fuel consumption is crazy im using
Ron97 , RM70 = 170km

Plan to keep my car stock performance wise, no FMIC or bigger turbo plans for now.

auto? turbo? heavy right foot?

:biggrin: dont complains the fc... lol....

my manual turbo forester also getting around 200km for rm50 of ron95....driven relaxedly...

fc goes down the drain if i gun it at higher speed...

BOV...look for 50-50 type... fully vented wont do good to car tuning....

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Ron97 , RM70 = 170km

Stock bov is recirculate, maintain it. ECU calculation mixture is include return air too.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

Yes its a turbo Airtrek, 4G63T , 5 speed automatic.

Ok if FC isnt an issue , then its fine, im using RON97, can this car run RON95 , want to verify this as i notice most people using RON95.

BOV - what is the downside of running a vent to atmosphere BOV, anyone using this type of BOV please advise.

Thanks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi Guys,

Yes its a turbo Airtrek, 4G63T , 5 speed automatic.

Ok if FC isnt an issue , then its fine, im using RON97, can this car run RON95 , want to verify this as i notice most people using RON95.

BOV - what is the downside of running a vent to atmosphere BOV, anyone using this type of BOV please advise.

Thanks
What fuel does your manual state? My VR runs on Ron95 but Petron or BHP only, but I do mix with Ron97 alternately.
BOV to atmosphere because of the pressure release sound......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all.. I used Ford Escape 2.0XLT year 2001. This problem happened since 2 weeks ago. Before this when i fill full tank my car can reach about 560km (est.) but now i only can reach around 310km..My service record all is on time and i just replace my spark plug and service throttle body but the problem still happened. The idling sometimes can go till 2500 without press the paddle..Need help from all..:confused:..:banghead:...:nurse:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience