Show us your Mitsubishi Airtrek pictures...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I received a sad news last Saturday about my old big potato. The new owner and the car passed away in a car accident near KLIA 2 months ago. Worse, it wasn't his fault because he stopped before entering the KLIA big roundabout and a truck struck him from behind, pushing the car into the roundabout where another truck hit it from the side and ran over the Airtrek. New owner passed away and the car was total loss.

Though it's not my car anymore, but I really did not expect the car to end it's life that way. I have spent countless happy moments, sweat and effort into building it from completely stock to the day I sold it. Each piece of carbon fiber parts were 'first piece' from the mold as I worked with my carbon fiber friend to custom made them.

It's really sad. RIP to the owner and my beloved big potato.

PS: anyone heard about this news? I can't find it over the web.

Attachments

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I received a sad news last Saturday about my old big potato. The new owner and the car passed away in a car accident near KLIA 2 months ago. Worse, it wasn't his fault because he stopped before entering the KLIA big roundabout and a truck struck him from behind, pushing the car into the roundabout where another truck hit it from the side and ran over the Airtrek. New owner passed away and the car was total loss.

Though it's not my car anymore, but I really did not expect the car to end it's life that way. I have spent countless happy moments, sweat and effort into building it from completely stock to the day I sold it. Each piece of carbon fiber parts were 'first piece' from the mold as I worked with my carbon fiber friend to custom made them.

Damn... Really sorry to hear that, condolences to his family. Very devastating indeed.

Didn't get the chance to see it IRL and it's already gone.
What's the full story? Lorry's brakes didn't work?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Did not hear of such accident. Quite bad accident usually will be all over the new....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Damn... Really sorry to hear that, condolences to his family. Very devastating indeed.

Didn't get the chance to see it IRL and it's already gone.
What's the full story? Lorry's brakes didn't work?
I can't find it in the news either... that's why I am puzzled but the mechanic has no reason to tell a lie. I have bumped into my Airtrek at his shop after I sold it last year... that's why I know he knew the new owner.

No further details but the mechanic said it was in the papers.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

sad news indeed...

any known date/timeframe of that accident?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Well, I got to know he fried the original engine that I tuned. Then he swapped it with Evo 7 engine with manual gearbox and upgraded the brakes to full Brembos. What I thought possibly will happen is an accident due to fast driving but this is really ironic.

I am going to the mechanic again this Thursday and will try to ask more details about it.

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Well, I got to know he fried the original engine that I tuned. Then he swapped it with Evo 7 engine with manual gearbox and upgraded the brakes to full Brembos. What I thought possibly will happen is an accident due to fast driving but this is really ironic.

I am going to the mechanic again this Thursday and will try to ask more details about it.
Looked like he had some plans for the car, manual for more power?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yah! initially when you mentioned owner died, I too thought he was speeding, until I read that it was not his fault....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's time to break your bank account: the world's best handling sports car just got better.

Making it's debut at the New York Auto Show, the S2000 CR features a higher level of track-worthiness and style to the original S2000 roadster.

"The S2000 CR is the closest thing you can get to a Honda-built race car with license plate holders and a horn,"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience