Show us your Mitsubishi Airtrek pictures...

visvim96

Known Member
May 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
No more active? haha

Hey guys, may I know what suspension setup are you guys running? can't seem to find Tein superstreet for the airtrek Cu4w, only thing I found what Tein is offering for airtrek is the basic wagon which is non adjustable right?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I am using Ralliart but the 'cup' that holds the spring is cut and rewelded to have the lowered stance look. Original Ralliart is quite high.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
You shift the cup further apart springs tension soften
Well, it's not only that. The absorbers travel has been limited causing bumpy harsh ride. I did not do that actually, I got this rebuilt from Ah Wah because it was leaking and it was already lowered when I got it. Anyway, the stance looks nice but not the ride comfort. In terms of ride control, it's pretty firm.

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Any comments on XYZ and Ksport?
I have a set of XYZ lying around at Ah Wah's workshop. I swapped it out to Ralliart because it's too 'hardcore' for me. XYZ is actually produced by the same factory K-Sports from. Not my taste though.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll dump it to you in a rediculous price.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

u mean the top spring seat?
Nope, the cup that holds the spring, has been cut and rewelded lower, much like adjusting an adjustable to lower the ride height.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, it's not only that. The absorbers travel has been limited causing bumpy harsh ride. I did not do that actually, I got this rebuilt from Ah Wah because it was leaking and it was already lowered when I got it. Anyway, the stance looks nice but not the ride comfort. In terms of ride control, it's pretty firm.

Nope, the cup that holds the spring, has been cut and rewelded lower, much like adjusting an adjustable to lower the ride height.
I actually tried it on my previous ride. Lowering the bottom cup, soften the spring compression, so the weight of the car sitting on it makes it sit lower. However the full stroke of the original absorbers are not fully utilized as we use the lower part only. Another bad thing is when doing higher speed and the road is wavy it can be floaty and and bounce (on up and down wavy road) the rebound is not absorbed properly. Used it for about 2 months then revert back to original.....hahaha:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
My ride is fine at high speed and it's not bouncy. Like I said, it's firm. From cornering perspective, it's pretty stable too. The only thing I dislike is the comfort since the absorbers travel is lesser, it's bumpy.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Here's a pic of side profile showing the ride height. Only the front is lowered. Original Ralliart though it's lower than stock but it's still considered high.

Attachments

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
waah.. still shiny.. like new..

hav one question. how your radiator fan? the one that sit next to turbo.. cause i melt mine last week..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Old car la... 12 years old already.

Mine is okay.... are u using aluminium radiator? It's thicker, causing the fan nearer to the turbo.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
im still using stock radiator. but change to forged fan since stock one burned off. FYI, im still not reflash yet.. :bawling:

so busy.. got to set some time for tuning..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...does changin the starter can make a differents in sound when starting the engine? ...if it does...then what kind of starter is recommended...and the kind of sound they make...my ride is proton wira ab...:retarded:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience