Should We Have Arms or Weapons In The Car To Protect Ourselves?

Should We Keep Weapons In The Car?

• Yes, to protect myself.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we might hurt someone else or ourselves.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
dayumm this is a good thread
very very informative on self defence
though i wish we lived in a world where self defence wasnt necessary :banghead:
Yes, it sure has been. How can we live in world where self defense isn't necessary when one of the most advanced and powerful nation on earth has a constitution where every citizen has the right to bear arms?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Haha... I always have one in mine... Secret epic weapon >.^

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
i got 3-Dcell maglite i have in my car. Primarily for emergency use - breakdowns etc. But, it also can be used for self defense.
However, if im not around which im not most of the time, i gave my wife a pepper spray. Yes, it wont work with full face helmet, but the mist of pepper spray itself can slow you down.

Try to get an original maglite. I prefer 4-Dcell ones, but they are expensive. If you ever go to US, get couple of those..they are lot cheaper there than Malaysia by more than half price. I know this because i bought a couple.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

trying to diversify on this discussion..
how about weapons in the house?
do u keep one? if so, what do u keep?

because yes, maybe its different situation..but still in the cruel world nowadays, u can never be over prepared.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
[/COLOR]trying to diversify on this discussion..
how about weapons in the house?
do u keep one? if so, what do u keep?

because yes, maybe its different situation..but still in the cruel world nowadays, u can never be over prepared.
I have a golf stick by my bedside. A cleaver also very accessible. Hehe. In the house anything can be a weapon and you don't need to be kind to intruder as they are trespassing. If they break in it's whack and make sure they don't see the light of day.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i got 3-Dcell maglite i have in my car. Primarily for emergency use - breakdowns etc. But, it also can be used for self defense.
However, if im not around which im not most of the time, i gave my wife a pepper spray. Yes, it wont work with full face helmet, but the mist of pepper spray itself can slow you down.

Try to get an original maglite. I prefer 4-Dcell ones, but they are expensive. If you ever go to US, get couple of those..they are lot cheaper there than Malaysia by more than half price. I know this because i bought a couple.

Dude are you referring to one of those electric prod? Used a lot by china cops... That's illegal right? U used to have one picked up form somewhere but never got to try it coz it malfunctioned.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
it shouldnt be illegal. ive seen it been sold at Ace Hardware. Its just a flashlight..a big one at that.
But, its not a weapon. just like a golf club. not a weapon, but can be used as weapon if needed to and its not as lethal as knife,or anything else.

But yes, lotsa cops using it as a non-lethal self defense equipment. There's even a instructions on how to use it as a self defense equipment.

But, to be honest, i dont see that it can be illegal due to the fact that its just a bigger flashlight.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Oh I see... You mean that one... I thought you are referring to the torchlight that has the stun-gun function. You know, those that can shock people with high voltage....

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
u need a close contact with the person to even use a stun-gun and its not legal at all.
But, pepper spray is..and its easily concealable. Good for woman to keep it in purse and might as well have one to keep it in the car.

Conceal it in the pocket or something if you think you will get into arguments and if the other person is too aggressive, you can use it as a self defense and then just get the hell out of there straight to police station.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
[PIMPIN];1063541380 said:
Yes, it sure has been. How can we live in world where self defense isn't necessary when one of the most advanced and powerful nation on earth has a constitution where every citizen has the right to bear arms?
hehe thats why i wish that wasn't the case and everyone respects everyone enough to keep the peace :biggrin:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
i keep a thick hard elastic rubber hose of about 50cm length .. its good for self defense .. hit ppl dam pain + easy to grip, short .. hard for opponent to take it away from us .. use it like a whip .. can absorb impact also .. wont hurt yourself if hit too hard LOL

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i have a pedal lock.. quite heavy & can be use as a weapon..

also have umbrella.. haha.. common self defense item..

also have fire extinguisher.. this thing can kill people if inhaled..

and last but not least a few cable tie.. to tie crooks & criminals..

:biggrin:

sagaevo

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Good that this thread opened some of our eyes and great thanks to FVel and [PIMPIN] for pointing out the reality sense to us all, they already have mentioned the drawbacks and horrors of the these illegal items....its better to have the Maglite rather than a parang or rambo knife or stun guns or whatever....safety is our priority but do remember we are not residing in war-torn or extreme crime-ridden countries.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Today as I left my house and was passing by Pusat Bandar Damansara, these two indian guys in an Datsun 120Y or something like that pulled up beside me (I was going really slow in left lane since just started up engine for the day) and these two guys just kept staring at me. Not to point fingers or anything but I've met my share of criminals to know what they look like.

They then followed behind me as I moved into the center lane then again as I moved into the right hand land at this time I was passing Tivoli Villa on my left. I was headed to OUG so I needed to take Kerinchi Link but pretty much left it to the last second before cutting across all three lanes to the turnoff.

It may have been nothing or it could have led to something but either way that I'd rather not find out. Situational awareness is extremely important IMHO. Especially at night, as I've mentioned earlier, look around properly before even approaching your car. Then always have your key ready, get in and immediately lock the doors. That's the first thing I do - lock the doors. It's not much, but in any event it could make all the difference.

i keep a thick hard elastic rubber hose of about 50cm length .. its good for self defense .. hit ppl dam pain + easy to grip, short .. hard for opponent to take it away from us .. use it like a whip .. can absorb impact also .. wont hurt yourself if hit too hard LOL
How does that work? A 1.5ft rubber hose doesn't seem like a typical weapon. Would you keep it rolled up? I'm just imagining how it would work. I've seen a person use a belt in the way you describe but it didn't end well for him once the other party managed to grab onto one end.

i have a pedal lock.. quite heavy & can be use as a weapon..

also have umbrella.. haha.. common self defense item..

also have fire extinguisher.. this thing can kill people if inhaled..

and last but not least a few cable tie.. to tie crooks & criminals..

:biggrin:
Pedal lock and steering lock are two things I overlooked. Capable of causing a lot of damage yet is perfectly logical to have one permanently in your car. Never knew fire extinguishers can kill. Do you mean the smaller ones for use in cars or the big ones like in shops and buildings? A bit weird right if it was the larger type heheh.

I do have cable ties in my car but the 4-6in ones lah hahah can sambung into one long one to restrain criminals. Remnants of my past attempts at DIY that somehow got PR status in the glovebox.

Good that this thread opened some of our eyes and great thanks to FVel and [PIMPIN] for pointing out the reality sense to us all, they already have mentioned the drawbacks and horrors of the these illegal items....its better to have the Maglite rather than a parang or rambo knife or stun guns or whatever....safety is our priority but do remember we are not residing in war-torn or extreme crime-ridden countries.
All good bro, I'm only sharing what I know. Perhaps others may have experiences I've never even imagined. The more informed we all are, the better our chances of staying safe. Anything can happen to pretty much anyone.

So take care guys, peace. :driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if curious of ppl around us, just take pic of the person just incase we might used it if (touchwood) anything happen to us.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

if i suspect anyone suspecious like wat happened to PIMPIN, i will just
smile at them, if they dun smile back also nvm...at least they will know that we recognise them.....
& will think twice if they wanna rob or steal our car.

while walking to your car, always hold your keys in your hand.....grip it tightly...incase if anywan surprises u from behind,
just swing your fist & hope your key will puncture his face....especially ladies...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
[PIMPIN];1063547714 said:
Pedal lock and steering lock are two things I overlooked. Capable of causing a lot of damage yet is perfectly logical to have one permanently in your car. Never knew fire extinguishers can kill. Do you mean the smaller ones for use in cars or the big ones like in shops and buildings? A bit weird right if it was the larger type heheh.

I do have cable ties in my car but the 4-6in ones lah hahah can sambung into one long one to restrain criminals. Remnants of my past attempts at DIY that somehow got PR status in the glovebox.

All good bro, I'm only sharing what I know. Perhaps others may have experiences I've never even imagined. The more informed we all are, the better our chances of staying safe. Anything can happen to pretty much anyone.

So take care guys, peace. :driver:

fire extinguisher is fatal if inhaled.. but i doubt any1 would take a breath when sprayed with it.. hehe.. it would be a good multipurpose thingy in your car.. can replace pepper spray & help u when ur car on fire.. :biggrin: oh ya.. mine is a mini type suitable for car use..

about the cable tie, i think it's better to tie it in a shape of '8'.. tie 1 on 1 hand & connect the other one..

authorities using this type of cable tie.. :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First of all, we would like to show our greatest appreciation to Scholl Concepts Asia for giving us the opportunity to try our their new professional line products. We are proud to be able to work with wetshine.net on this particular combo detailing with the help of Scholl Concepts products. Our client has bring to us a Toyota...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience