Shell V-power RM3.10

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
i prefer esso compared to petronas, but petronas is just across the road, lol

isnt there any law dat states u must state the exact info about ur products? its like u must write the price tag on every item, the same shud go when stating the correct ron for the vpower, aint it? i always feel like iam being lied to when it comes to the ron value of vpower, i hate dat
but techincally v power racing they dont say what ron it is right
but they sure do imply that its hell a lot higher than ron 97 lol

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
I am not sure whether in Malaysia, we have some kind of Govt authority body/organisation to check on the RON value at every pump station stations on periodical/constant basis. :hmmmm:

In Europe, they got their govt agency to do it (in constant period basis). They will check every pump to ensure that the RON stated in that pump is containing the exact minimum RON label as per mentioned. So that the customer will get what they paid for. Then they will sealed the pump with some hologram sticker mentioned that it is verified containing the fuel of above said RON, together with the date of inspection. For those pump station owner who failed the inspection, would get the hefty fine.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
today at the same shell petrol station there is a sign stating that V-power is at Rm2.90.....what the hell?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dats the vpower so-called 97, lol

who do they wanna kid, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A 97 LAAA...

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
I've encounter once at Shell station R&R before exit Negeri Sembilan. (after KLIA exit). Sorry due to forgot the place. It's happen a day before RON97 increase to rm2.70 last time. I was pump in around 10am and noted price was rm2.90. I've shocked, but just realized that price will increase by today (that day). Then by evening when travelling back to Ipoh, i pumped in again and noted that priced was became rm2.70. I think that some few petrol stations take advantage to user within period of transition of petrol price.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
snape,

agreed - this shell station is just right after the duta toll heading up north. my daily route to work, so i use it quite often......... thinking of boycott this station

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
I've encounter once at Shell station R&R before exit Negeri Sembilan. (after KLIA exit). Sorry due to forgot the place. It's happen a day before RON97 increase to rm2.70 last time. I was pump in around 10am and noted price was rm2.90. I've shocked, but just realized that price will increase by today (that day). Then by evening when travelling back to Ipoh, i pumped in again and noted that priced was became rm2.70. I think that some few petrol stations take advantage to user within period of transition of petrol price.
wahh SHELL also can do like this ah i guess its because they figure law enforcement is very lenient or no one bothers to complain

Mar 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Shell Vpower is nitrogen enriched. It has better formulation i.e. detergents & additives to clean the engine internal parts. Most cars RON 95 is sufficient, maybe once in a while put VP. Other brands also has their detergents but maybe not as much but no nitro+.

Was at the shell station this morning............

Shell V-power now RM 3.10 per liter - what the hell!!!!!!!!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just pump normal Ron97 and add in own known additives rather than the mystery additives in V-Power Racing

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I noticed that as well but I can't remember the price was RM2.70 or RM2.90. I didn't bother and continue pumping. Can't remember which station I went. But not the same one as yours.

Bugger I got conned as well then.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Just pump normal Ron97 and add in own known additives rather than the mystery additives in V-Power Racing
Not a mystery.. its additional horses from Scuderia Ferrari.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

Im looking at Clifford, Viper and Commando.
Most important feature for me is 2-way, shock sensor and starter kill.
I dont need remote start since its merely a luxury but not a necessity though the brands above carry this feature.

What d'ya think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience