Settlement of Car Loan

national12345

Known Member
Sep 6, 2006
I plan to buy a used car directly from seller. This car is currently still on loan with Bank A with balance 20K. Let say I purchase the car at 20k and my approved loan with Bank B is 15K. As I know, Bank B will deal directly with Bank A for the 15K and seller will only need to top up the 5K to settle the 20k loan right?

Cause based on personnel from Bank B(Bank that I applied loan with), he said current new JPJ rule (effective from the 1st of June), bank cannot direct deal with bank. Which means seller will need to fork out 20K first to settle the loan with Bank A before Bank B cause issue the 15K payment.

Is this true??? Cause I think this is ridiculously unreasonable. This is only a 20K car, how bout 200K car? Impossible to ask someone to fork out that amount of money right?

I am currently stucked. Can any sifu please clarify on this?

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
I plan to buy a used car directly from seller. This car is currently still on loan with Bank A with balance 20K. Let say I purchase the car at 20k and my approved loan with Bank B is 15K. As I know, Bank B will deal directly with Bank A for the 15K and seller will only need to top up the 5K to settle the 20k loan right?

Cause based on personnel from Bank B(Bank that I applied loan with), he said current new JPJ rule (effective from the 1st of June), bank cannot direct deal with bank. Which means seller will need to fork out 20K first to settle the loan with Bank A before Bank B cause issue the 15K payment.

Is this true??? Cause I think this is ridiculously unreasonable. This is only a 20K car, how bout 200K car? Impossible to ask someone to fork out that amount of money right?

have u ask if refinance the car back from bank A, in a sense that the bank A that buy from seller & resell to u & see the total difference that u have to pay for the car.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Bank will just pay the amount of the remaining loan to the bank that the seller has loan on. Then that's where you as the buyer will owe the bank RM15K instead.

If the car is RM20K and your approved loan is only RM15K. The remaining RM5K usually it has to be the buyer to pay it by cash. I'm not sure Bank to Bank u pay the remaining RM5K to the bank or to the seller. Since your loan only approve RM15K it cannot be that the seller have to pay another RM5K since he i selling the car not buying the car.

Even my buyer get a loan from bank, there is no need for me and the buyer to meet up at JPJ for ownership transfer. Bank will settle everything. I just need to do the inspection at puspakom for B5 and B7 which cost RM90 as a seller.

But like Izso said, best ask the bank directly. Just giving u a rough picture of how it is from what I had experienced before so far with many of such questions I have asked the bank.

Mine case, my car settled full amount. So only buyer getting the loan from bank. Example, Buyer only manage to get loan RM20K but I'm selling the car RM25K. So buyer have to pay the balance of RM5K in cash to the bank. (New Procedure) Then bank will transfer RM25K to me in total after all documents signed by both buyer and seller. Take roughly about 2 weeks, which is kinda long actually.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why not call and ask the banks directly
Brother, he mentioned in his post

"Cause based on personnel from Bank B(Bank that I applied loan with), he said current new JPJ rule (effective from the 1st of June)"

This what the bank told him.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Bank will just pay the amount of the remaining loan to the bank that the seller has loan on. Then that's where you as the buyer will owe the bank RM15K instead.

If the car is RM20K and your approved loan is only RM15K. The remaining RM5K usually it has to be the buyer to pay it by cash. I'm not sure Bank to Bank u pay the remaining RM5K to the bank or to the seller. Since your loan only approve RM15K it cannot be that the seller have to pay another RM5K since he i selling the car not buying the car.

Even my buyer get a loan from bank, there is no need for me and the buyer to meet up at JPJ for ownership transfer. Bank will settle everything. I just need to do the inspection at puspakom for B5 and B7 which cost RM90 as a seller.

But like Izso said, best ask the bank directly. Just giving u a rough picture of how it is from what I had experienced before so far with many of such questions I have asked the bank.

Mine case, my car settled full amount. So only buyer getting the loan from bank. Example, Buyer only manage to get loan RM20K but I'm selling the car RM25K. So buyer have to pay the balance of RM5K in cash to the bank. (New Procedure) Then bank will transfer RM25K to me in total after all documents signed by both buyer and seller. Take roughly about 2 weeks, which is kinda long actually.
Very confusing nowadays, like no standard procedure......:banghead::banghead:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
hmmm, if what TS's bank personnel tells, its like golden cars r gonna be hard to procure when u don't have enuff cash, hmmmmm

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hmmm, if what TS's bank personnel tells, its like golden cars r gonna be hard to procure when u don't have enuff cash, hmmmmm

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk
2nd hand car is tougher. What I can say is, don't apply for Public Bank. The service is damn slow. Take more than 2 weeks to get the loan to approve then today which is the 3rd week, I'm suppose to meet the buyer and banker to sign the agreements, when I called, they told me the guy that I dealt with last week was just a relieve officer for the current officer that was away. So, just passed my details to the banker and he shall check with the current officer that is back.

Wth, the day that need to sign, the relieve officer shud get it done even though the current one is back. Yet they say the transaction for the money would take about 2 weeks to transfer. :banghead:

Transfer cash also need to take 2 weeks. Wth.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
2nd hand car is tougher. What I can say is, don't apply for Public Bank. The service is damn slow. Take more than 2 weeks to get the loan to approve then today which is the 3rd week, I'm suppose to meet the buyer and banker to sign the agreements, when I called, they told me the guy that I dealt with last week was just a relieve officer for the current officer that was away. So, just passed my details to the banker and he shall check with the current officer that is back.

Wth, the day that need to sign, the relieve officer shud get it done even though the current one is back. Yet they say the transaction for the money would take about 2 weeks to transfer. :banghead:

u need to keep on calling & pressure them, if not your file will be just lying on their table.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

But PBB voted best local bank many times......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

u need to keep on calling & pressure them, if not your file will be just lying on their table.
So if all call and pressure nothing gets done dy, don't know where to start...ha! ha!
That is why they always say is who you know. Those days I deal with banks on behalf of my company, so when time comes for any persoanl bank matter, I know most of them. Those days apply Credit Card, housing loan all very easy and fast, now no more....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But PBB voted best local bank many times......:biggrin:

So if all call and pressure nothing gets done dy, don't know where to start...ha! ha!
That is why they always say is who you know. Those days I deal with banks on behalf of my company, so when time comes for any persoanl bank matter, I know most of them. Those days apply Credit Card, housing loan all very easy and fast, now no more....:smokin:
Yala forgot that hm have friend in public bank. Never thought of it since Im not buying car so I left it to buyer to get it done and I have been chasing the buyer to chase the bank until 1 day I fed up and ask her to give me the bank number.

Problem is, the person in charge of her loan is away. Then the relieve officer was there one week but 2nd week he on leave whole week. After when he came back, 1 day itself he got it done. That bugger left it lying on the table for a week la. Come back 1 day can kao tim.

Dunno how they got voted. All i know is that public bank is not as fast as they claim. Slumber only. Sama saja.

That's why in future will find friends or someone who have friends in bank to kao tim it. Anyway if buyer get loan from Bank take longer time but less hassle. No need go JPJ for ownership transfer. Even buyer just straight get insurance from bank. IS Life + Accident insurance.

Only thing need to do is the Puspakom Inspection. RM90. I think if buyer get loan, RM60 should be bear by buyer. Since we usually just pay RM30 so is a small amount that we seller can bear.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So the loan still not approved?
Buyer what car fast they should be chasing.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So the loan still not approved?
Approved. Now waiting for ownership transfer to be done by the bank. Once confirmed. It is safe to handover the car according to the bank. They said it will not be possible to do any cancellation of the loan once the car ownership transfer is successfully transferred.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Only the money part got to hold on first.....
The money part will take about 2 weeks. Cuz buyer ask the banker when can I hand over the car. They dont want wait till money goes into my account 1st it seems that's why I call the bank to confirm whether it is a guarantee that money will masuk my account and they guaranteed that.

That's why only I dare to handover the car once ownership transfer confirmed.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The money part will take about 2 weeks. Cuz buyer ask the banker when can I hand over the car. They dont want wait till money goes into my account 1st it seems that's why I call the bank to confirm whether it is a guarantee that money will masuk my account and they guaranteed that.

That's why only I dare to handover the car once ownership transfer confirmed.
Person you called confirm or not? Hear your journey on the sales of your car I also scare.....:hmmmm: