Service Centre Not Using Their Own Product?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Regarding the brake pads that has been taken out, my mechanic said that on one side of the wheels, the pads are still thick while on another side, the pads are almost worn out. But the brakes are not jammed at either side.
The brake piston in the caliper is on one side, so one side push, one side pull. Probably your brakes got uneven pressure. Your mechanic should try clean and oil the floating pin....

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
i more concern why they over tighten the Oil filter. myself normally just give bit force by hand then finish it using wrench and give 1/2 knock using rubber mallet. light knock only. never face oil leak.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i more concern why they over tighten the Oil filter. myself normally just give bit force by hand then finish it using wrench and give 1/2 knock using rubber mallet. light knock only. never face oil leak.
Newbie attempt to tighten the oil filter? I really have no idea why did they tighten it that tight since it needs to be removed for disposal soon.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
I don't see any issues, since Toyota owns Daihatsu and since you mentioned Avanza is basically a Daihatsu. Parts are inter changeable and cheaper to produce. Even in electronics, my ex company JVC say Flat Screen TV have parts from Toshiba, Sony, Panasonic and so on. There are so many parts that each individual company do not produce all of them, by themselves, but instead interchange.....lol:biggrin:
Also our smart phone. mostly LCD unit were made by Samsung Corporation.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tighten until too over. Perhaps a wrench like you said.
Unless it is not tighten can loosen but if tighten properly, removing will be easy. If over tighten, removal can be hell. Have seen people driving a screw driver right thought the oil filter to remove it....:smokin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Unless it is not tighten can loosen but if tighten properly, removing will be easy. If over tighten, removal can be hell. Have seen people driving a screw driver right thought the oil filter to remove it....:smokin:
Oil filter wrench will do. Using screw driver might assumed thread is makan dy.:banghead:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Oil filter wrench will do. Using screw driver might assumed thread is makan dy.:banghead:
Sometimes have to use screwdriver when it's overtightened until oil filter wrench is slipping while removing it. So far only needed to do it once

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sometimes have to use screwdriver when it's overtightened until oil filter wrench is slipping while removing it. So far only needed to do it once
i use chain type oil filter wrench for difficult filter.most of it comes with very short handle so it can fit and turn in tight space. Handle is short but so far it have never failed me.Filters which are too tight will crumple but wil turn and able to be open.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i use chain type oil filter wrench for difficult filter.most of it comes with very short handle so it can fit and turn in tight space. Handle is short but so far it have never failed me.Filters which are too tight will crumple but wil turn and able to be open.
Yours not tight. Have seen at mechanic even using the chain, the filter got twisted and crushed, that is why the screw driver right though it method to remove......lol

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Been in that situation before. wrench could not help. last choice hammer it with screw driver and turn it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys my friends Lexus IS200 was stolen in town yesterday. Its black with all the lexus badges and its stock standard. The number plate is WHE 595. if anyone seen the car around do let me know , thanks alot

012 2074847
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience