Secondhand Tyre

xrezzax

Known Member
Oct 20, 2004
Visit site
Is there a risk using secondhand tyre? & the tyre look new too! How do they make to look new? "korek" maybe?

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
my advice is dun use those re-threaded tyre coz it wont grip better as the rubber compound in this stage cant perform on the road.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
How do we see the lifespan of a 2ndhand tyre ? like the manufacturing date .

william2328

Known Member
Nov 12, 2008
Usually 2nd hand tyre imported for outside M'sia. The tyre man told me, if you don;t go outstation and travel below 90km, should be safe, if not better don't use. He told me if you want to go outstation, use another car (without 2nd hand tyre), he is telling me a BIG HINT.

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
i donno abt retreaded tyres...but abt 2nd hand used tyres..i think is nt advisable to buy them as usually people dont simply change their tyres without any slightest reason...so basically the person who has used that tyre before has decided to trade in their tyres and get a set of new tyre/s....maybe they weren't satisfied...or there were some problems with the tyres...swollen..or side wall puncture...then if we buy the 2nd hand tyres we don't knw what we are getting....no warranty...they may look nice after sapu tyre polish.....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the rubber compound in a tires will hardened when the tires is more than 3-5years old. then when it is not use for long period of time, it will crack at side wall due to our climate and chemical reaction to the rubber compound...its not advisable to use tires that is aged more than 5years and re-thread tires usually dangerous as the grip/traction is no longer there.

lapsap25

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
geee..I was thinking to buy 4pc of second hand tyres, specifically FALKEN, from those shop that hangs banner along Old Klang Road. Actually, I haven't check their selling price and can't compare how much cheaper they are against the new ones..

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
the best is use the tyre not more than 3 years from the date manufactured...

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
i tink its ok to get those that people trade in perhaps due to changing rim size, etc. but as for those used imported from japan, etc tires...what i noticed is that they are all usually more than 3 years old...that day i went to view so many shops for these 2nd hand tires...some even from year2001!!! my goodness...

but i got myself a set of good 2007 hankook ventus...somebody traded in an entire set...got it from klang. thread still 80%...no korek marks...not even sapu-ed with polish. checked the inside thoroughly...all ok.

previously i was using 2nd hand tires also...lasted me a good 30k km somemore...and paid less than 3/4 the price as compared to new.:proud:

Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wondering, Powerzone carry any twin carb preferbly webber and have the connector for Nissan GA16 series engines? If so, how much both new and recon ? Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience