Scirocco: Where do you spend most of the time when driving your car?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Been a couple of days since I came into the forum and from other threads, it seems a lot of things have and still are happening.

All I can say is..... LETS ENJOY DETAILING.

I am back in Malacca, the land of history (seriously, i should consider just setting up my base here instead of travelling between KL and Malacca)

I was suppose to spend 2 days dating this German babe but due to unforeseen circumstances, I was only graced with the opportunity of one day. So I started with her interiors.

A little history lesson on this babe before we go into the details. This is a 1 year plus old car. Had the exterior PPS-ed (before the only outlet providing PPS there closed down due to overwhelming business and lack of staff.). Interior was "detailed" once during that time as well (more story on that later on during the show and tell). So... OK MAR, 1 year plus, how bad can it be rite!

Lets begin our analysis, leather seats all round (worthy of a 240k car). And pretty sure, for two seaters like this, people climbing in and out of the back seat will leave...... finger prints.

Unknown white stain on the passenger seat. Looks....and feels...... powder-ish.... could be from make-up.

More oil stain on the rear seats.

Macam not much dust/dirt/foreign things....

Using a toilet brush (dun worry, this brush has only been used for detailing and never toilet washing) to brush out all the tight spots.

And you gather them all at one corner like this.....

Makes vacuuming a much easier task rite....

After vacuum, OPC 1:5 half the seat. Notice any difference? Can anyone tell me for this passenger seat, which side was OPC-ed?

If you think that that was a trick question and there is no difference, then you are pretty much..... wrong. The right side (where the left butt cheek sits) of the picture was OPC-ed and you get the below dirt lifted from the seat.

OKAY, so maybe lightnings played a role in the previous picture. But can you spot where was detailed and where wasn't in the driver seat?

This time the lower part of the picture (right side of the driver butt cheek) was detailed. You see the amount of dirt lifted? Notice that the water has some oil floating on it?
I came to two possible conclusion:
- The owner has got oily butt
- or the most likely answer would be, the previous detailer used some weird "leather protector".
As found out from the owner, the previous "detailer" just gave the panels and seat a simple wipe and then apply some "leather protector".

Remember this whitish stain!

Nothing left here to remind us of that whitish stain.....wait... WHAT WHITE STAIN??? =P

After all the leather were cleaned, it was protected with this set of VW specially formulated cleaner and protectant package. *Note: I used OPC instead of its soft clean as I prefer to work with stuff I am familiar with. No doubt a test using the soft clean did lift dirt*. Instead I used its Leather Sealant for all the leather in the car and then I used Mequire's Leather Protectant for all PVC parts.

Dusty, sandy carpet just wun make it if we want a nice clean driving environment. (This is before vacuum.)

Kick panel before anything was done

Kick panel after vacuum.

Tell me you see the difference in all three photos of the kick panel.... PLEASE else I would have wasted my effort in detailing and photographing them. This is after detail.

Again, brake pedal before detailing.

During detailing

After detailing, notice any difference?

Accelerator, Brake pedal and kick panel nice and clean and detailed. It was once said that with these so clean, you get additional 50 bhp..... not that the Scirocco is lacking in any horses.

Carpet nicely cleaned.

Why I say nicely cleaned? Cause this is a photo of under the seat that is most of the time neglected.

Need more convincing... I show you.... try to spot a speck of stone here if you can.

All these was done by my lovely assistance and wife to be whom so willingly and lovingly sacrifice her weekend to be with me in this journey. She quote *No passion nevermind, passion can be developed.*

This is me climbing out of the car after detailing the rear seats (OPC-ed the rear seats and panels.)
Man.....was it hot or was it HOT. Gonna bring a table or stand fan with me next time.

Rear seats.... still black.... even with minimal usage.

What was vacuum-ed out of the car....

OPC-ed and protected door panels.... don't it look nice...

Clean interior is a good interior.

So after all is done, what better way to celebrate it when in Malacca on a bloody hot day.....
RM 2.20 for a cup and a queue of about 15 to 20 minutes. Satisfaction is awesome.

Later that night.... I had some other project for my gf..... *no... not that kinda naughty project*. Its her ASUS smart phone with those rubbery casing. Over time, it turns..... ugly, sticky, icky and everything bad, u name it.

Closer look at it and you can see that the rubber is disintegrating.

After cleaned with OPC 1:0 and 1:3, This is the final results (gf says: now its nicer to hold and looks awesome). So why did I show this to you..... If you notice the Scirocco door panel, the handles are made of the same material which over time, not taken care of properly would turn out to be like this phone.

My next date with this pretty German babe would be July, look forward to it, its gonna be an epic of all epic exterior detailing.

Note:
-Pictures were re-arrange for a better flow.
- When cleaning leather, do be careful not to over clean else you will be cleaning the dye off the leather..... yes there is no black cow around for a black leather interior.
- the VW leather sealant seems pretty good, dun ask me how much it cost as I do not know.
- To have the matte look after using the Mequire's Leather Protector, I simply wipe it off with ONR after it sits there for 15 minutes. (you can use water also if you do not have ONR)
- Getting your leather protected every 6 months ensure your leather has minimal risk of cracking or peeling with Malaysian super hot weather.

Total time spend: 5.5 hours
Items used: OPC 1:0, 1:3, 1:5, ONR, Soft bristle brush, brush, Mequire's Leather Protector, VW own Leather Sealant, vacuum cleaner.
Satisfaction Level: Pretty good..... actually very good.... actually AWESOMENESS

You feedback, be it (good, bad, nasty, awesome, gibberish) is most welcomed.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Awesome job bro! Your attention to detail is awesome!

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
one word AWESOME

keep up the detailien's spirit buddy....I am proud of you for sharing yr passion to others

All these was done by my lovely assistance and wife to be whom so willingly and lovingly sacrifice her weekend to be with me in this journey. She quote *No passion nevermind, passion can be developed.*
that's a great start for greater things to come - I though I keep all the guys from unfruitful route but bring it further
A wonderful to Detailien's

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Wow I never knew VW came up with their own leather care products. Nice job there bro! the leather looks supple as new and yet, it doesn't have that greasy shiny feel. And the aluminium pedals are really a joy to look at!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Awesome job bro! Your attention to detail is awesome!
Thank you. I take pride with my work hence the detail. But I am sure I can still improve.
one word AWESOME

keep up the detailien's spirit buddy....I am proud of you for sharing yr passion to other

that's a great start for greater things to come - I though I keep all the guys from unfruitful route but bring it further
A wonderful to Detailien's
Hohoho, great start indeed, wait till you see the upcoming 5008 and possibly Teana I will be doing in July.

Wow I never knew VW came up with their own leather care products. Nice job there bro! the leather looks supple as new and yet, it doesn't have that greasy shiny feel. And the aluminium pedals are really a joy to look at!
I was surprised as well. What's more surprising is that the leather sealant works like a charm and not just weird item re-packaged and sold at premium price.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I was surprised as well. What's more surprising is that the leather sealant works like a charm and not just weird item re-packaged and sold at premium price.
hrrmmm....BMW have those too, and I think (if I'm not mistaken) they're re-branded/re-packed Sonax. I wonder which are these? If it's as good as you say then it'll worth finding out. Any pics of the bottle inside or a little description on it's content, especially what's inside the botthe.....

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

hrmm...found some info on the net. They were saying that it originates from Eagle One......interesting....

Last edited:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Did not take a picture of the bottle but even if i did..... not much information as well. It just has many languages saying that its a leather sealant.......

I did a quick search on Eagle One and can't seem to find any leather protectant/sealant in their line of products. But heck, it was a really quick less than a minute search so I could and probably would have missed out.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Hohoho, great start indeed, wait till you see the upcoming 5008 and possibly Teana I will be doing in July.

cant wait to see it.....your attempt of taming the giant
subscribed

u want to know what is in it....I have been given sample to test it out ...and an official clinic too

BTW OLP does whole interior not just leather

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a strong showing by Jazeman Jaafar at the opening round of the 2011 Cooper Tyres British F3 International Series at the Monza Circuit in Italy as he grabbed two podium finishes and managed a top five finish in the third race to put him second overall in the driver's standings.

The...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience