Satria's pistons

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
About 2 years ago, while my dad was driving my car, the car jerked a few times then it stopped. He was driving in the highway that time at 110-140km/h. The fault was because the temperature meter was not working. So, i guess it overheated and all.

After repaired, the car was very rough n underpowered. The pistons also made so much of noise.

Anyway, the car has been repaired now. However, the pistons still make a slight noise if the car if driven with rpm lesser than 2k. Any suggestion on what oil i can use to reduce this sound. I used Castrol magnetec oil because it protects the pistons + X-1R engine treatment.

Still i would like to know if anything else can be done to reduce the sound? :confused_smile:

Last edited:

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Ask mechs to reduce tappet clearance further (if it's a SOHC engine), and use an engine oil with regenerative properties.. I find that Eneos molybdenum is pretty good at reducing engine clatter, because the molybdenum esther can resurface worn surfaces after extended exposure to high temperatures and pressure..

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
Is this a semi-synthetic oil or full synthetic? How much is it?

btw, is it true if u adjust the tappets settings, the car might be more powerful or underpowered?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
my aircond for 6a12tt having problems....happened yesterday while otw back to KL from Rompin,
aircond speed was at number 1, but suddenly it was blowing very little air then back to normal.

therefore i blasted the aircond to maximum but as its like number 1 speed....
it was like that the whole journey home.....
i guess should i service the blower? could it be clogged inside or is it compressor going to kong soon?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience