RX8 upgrade to RB & SR

rocsta

rocsta

Aug 17, 2006
Is it possible to upgrade RX8 rotary to nissan RB/SR & JZ engine with complete gearbox?
Seeking advise from the pro's....:confused:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
SR is possible.. seen one at my fren's workshop with endorsed... RB i don't think it's possible, as the SR i've seen in the engine bay is already super tight fit..

elsm80

Known Member

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Don't bother with either.

1) The car is going to be shit to drive due the the altered balance.
2) Hell lot of custom fabrication in which Malaysians are lousy at.
3) Setting up the altered suspension geometry is also going to be shit because very few people know how to do it PROPERLY.
4) You'd be shitting bricks whenever you see a JPJ roadblock.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Is it possible to upgrade RX8 rotary to nissan RB/SR & JZ engine with complete gearbox?
Seeking advise from the pro's....:confused:
the best upgrade for rx8 is either do j-port or pheripehal port or 20b swap or 26b swap :driver:

other engine just didnt do justice to rx8

savahn

Known Member

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Yes, it is possible.

I have seen an RX8 with a V8 engine. No reason why you can't shoehorn an RB26:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCAkHAuC7Zw

But why you would want to do that is the big question. The 2nd most important question is "How much money do you have?"

Elms80 pointed out all the finer details.

you will not only just have to spend on engine but on custom drive shaft / custom bell housing, custom / modified transmission THEN contend with adjusted suspension front and back because now the weight distribution is no longer near 50:50. A 13B-MSP weighs 122KG - engine only. An RB26 weighs 250KGs - engine only. That extra 130 KGs so far forward on a 1.3 ton car has a huge impact to the handling characteristics. Furthermore, the RB26 transmission is another 100KG. Think about this a while - not only have you a fat ass engine right at the nose of this car but you also have a heavy transmission away from the center line.

Basically, every time you floor the accelerator, the ass of the car is going to squat so far back you'll see its panties. Every time you slam the brake, the front of the car is going to dive so hard, you'll be eyes deep in blacktop.

finally, you can buy an additional 2 RX8's by the time you are finished doing all that.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi again friends :itsme:

I'd like to have your views on the above vs wetsanding.

As up till now, i've only wetsanded to remove orange peel. not used any velvet pad.
Not available here as are most detailing products.

plz refer to my previous post ( the caveman's part 2)

My concern is not this car though. the car is sold now.
one guy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience