rpm suddenly high..

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
hi..running a b18c. today while driving after driving on d highway and occasional tariks, noticed my fuel consumption went up more than usual, then when i stopped the idling suddenly was at 1.9k and didnt drop. so makes sense why the consumption went up but how come the idling could suddenly shoot up like that? and later on when i stopped at the petrol station i pumped the acclerator pedal a few times before starting, to check maybe if the throttle was kinda stuck. was still d same after that for the next few hundred metres. then suddenly went back to normal again. my throttle pedal is kinda sticky which ive been trying to fix, but even then, all this while driving i never had this stuck rpm so high. any reason for it or is it due to the sticky throttle and how do i fix this? the cable is supposedly fine the last time i had it checked. anything else?

thanks alot.

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
oh ok. with ur car the same thing? all of a sudden? but did it return to normal after a while? and how do u recommend 2 fix d the sticky pedal? also how is the TPS adjusted?

thanks

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
when u mention sticky paddle, does it like, get stuck and ur car stays stagnant at a certain rpm? if so, perhaps ur throttle cables is due, and replace a new one.

while u are at it, clean the throttle body as well. it could be the cause of the paddle getting stuck.

tps sensor could be culprit as well. if u haven't touch ur tps sensor before (unscrewing it) then unlikely it requires adjusting. however, it could be that ur tps sensor is faulty. in all honesty, i wouldn't recommend fiddling with the tps sensor unless u have given a try to the other 2. this is a real tricky thing and if not adjusted properly (or maybe u bring it to a foremen who doesnt know how to) ur gonna be in for a horrible journey trying to get it back to original setting.

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
erm no arrowhead its more like it just doesnt feel smooth. for example if i step slightly it feels like it doesnt wanna go down then i press a bit harder suddenly it revs too much. get what i mean? but it doesnt get stuck at that rpm. only that day when that thing happened. if its not the cable what else?

havent touched my tps sensor before.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
step but the car doesnt respond? u mean jerking?

if so, check ur distributor, spark plugs and plug cable. while u are there, check your injector and fuel pump as well...

ur car may not be having enough ignition or fuel..

also, try swapping ecu with a friend. it may also be the cause

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
bro,try check ur tb also......maybe the butterfly inside stuck....happens to me b4....if got jerking try check like bro arrowhead mentions.....if all is ok,tiime to check ECU....my car also jerk b4 after check all things finds out the ECU got probs....sharing my experience:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wonder how long this record will be held by G-Power, previously it was AC Schnitzer with their Tension M6 and now it’s G-Power with their Hurricane M5. As technology advances, records are broken, well maybe not all of them, I don’t know if Schumachers’ record will ever be broken but that’s besides the point. The Hurricane M5 is essentially an E60 M5, which normally produces 507hp. The Beemer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience