RPM drop and temperature drop

Jan 5, 2019
Any sifu can advice:
Took out battery for a week after horn suddenly go berserk..
After put back the battery, the car engine rpm seems like dropping to below 500 rpm when car going for a complete stop, like stop in front of traffic light.
When gear in P or N, the rpm is normal.

And the other thing I notice is the temperature is a bit low... Anyone experience before?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Any sifu can advice:
After put back the battery, the car engine rpm seems like dropping to below 500 rpm when car going for a complete stop, like stop in front of traffic light.

And the other thing I notice is the temperature is a bit low... Anyone experience before?
Question : Is your car completely stock?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
nothing to worry about coz u remove the battery for a week. like what @vr2turbo said, just drive around for a few days and adjust the idle if it's still low. if the stepper motor problem, your rpm will drop during cold start. my guess is the TCU and ecu was reset hence u see the rpm drop when in D. u can check the tcu rpm idling in D with a handheld obd device. some workshop can even adjust it for u.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Any sifu can advice:

need to do ecu relearn..

normal after removing battery

David_1978

Jan 5, 2019
Driving around still the same.. at the end, go mechanic increase the idling rpm.. back to normal d... Thanks everyone

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
the ECU and TCU does relearn after take off battery. but sometimes it doesnt, there's a idle screw at throttle body in case you need to increse idle..

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
the ECU and TCU does relearn after take off battery. but sometimes it doesnt, there's a idle screw at throttle body in case you need to increse idle..
good TS car back to normal. idle screw kinda help if adjust bit by bit but don get used to it.
ECU always read rpm and compensate by ISC. Careful or it take you round 360 degree.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
good TS car back to normal. idle screw kinda help if adjust bit by bit but don get used to it.
ECU always read rpm and compensate by ISC. Careful or it take you round 360 degree.
Like my old car, cold idling higher, warm up normal, hot lower......:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Must be automatic, cause my mother cannot drive manual.

Priority in order of importance
1. Comfort king among pickups/4wd
2. reliability/problem-free
3. fuel economy (diesel sure beats petrol right?)
4. power
5. not older than 2010, preferred if in warranty
6. no lite versions, or pissed down versions, the full manly version please

Please don't suggest Amarok, Cayenne or things that costs more than RM70k.

Mostly city driving, will modify it with bull bar front and back. Off-road...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience