Rotary Engines - FAQ.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
From what i know the FC and FD both run oil pumps to squirt oil from pan into the internals to lube the seals and surface. The main issue is people have questioned the quality of said oils as it is dirty and may carry debris. So what has been done is to remove the oil pump and rum pre-mix. The fc runs a mechanical pump whereas the fd runs a electronic pump.

You can safely run pre-mix even with oil pump. Here it is important to note "more doesnt mean better". I am trying out idemitsu's rotary premix. The instant good part is the fact the bottle comes pre-marked which is stark contrast to the shell 2t bottles.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
From what i know the FC and FD both run oil pumps to squirt oil from pan into the internals to lube the seals and surface. The main issue is people have questioned the quality of said oils as it is dirty and may carry debris. So what has been done is to remove the oil pump and rum pre-mix. The fc runs a mechanical pump whereas the fd runs a electronic pump.

You can safely run pre-mix even with oil pump. Here it is important to note "more doesnt mean better". I am trying out idemitsu's rotary premix. The instant good part is the fact the bottle comes pre-marked which is stark contrast to the shell 2t bottles.

so it runs totally as a 2stroker engine???? :hmmmm::adore:

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
not necessary... but using it will help the rotor to get more lubrication and more cooling on the combustion chamber

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

my 1st impression of the pre-mix... it's awesome... but when u get used to that kind of performance... u'll need to keep buying them.. they are very expensive relatively to the Shell 2t

anand raj

Known Member
Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi there who can i contact to ask advice for my savana 13b webber, the car kinda stuck during driving i dont knoe how to explain here, hope anyone can help me thx...

anand raj

Known Member
Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yesterday my car unable to start, the battery looks okay but no idea why it cant start, is it the spark plug? Btw can we use normal spark plug or compulsory to use iridium spark plug?

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
yesterday my car unable to start, the battery looks okay but no idea why it cant start, is it the spark plug? Btw can we use normal spark plug or compulsory to use iridium spark plug?
You need to give more information. When you turn the key to the first click, all lights on?

Can you hear the engine pump whirring?

When you turn key 2nd click to start engine, does the engine crank?

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Oh dear.... does the engine cranks? If it cranks but doesnt start, you have to check fuel filter or fuel pump.

You can hear the fuel pump if you sit at the back of the car on top of the fuel tank - get someone to turn the car on for you. It should start whirring the moment you switch to 1st click.

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
I used to have this problem also. My problem was the coil not providing current to plugs.

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
starter, coil , battery, wiring and most fear of need engine rebuilt..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all Master

i need help anyone can intro a Good Sifu to me for repair my 4g92, around klang vally

thanks a lot:burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience