Rotary Engine no good lah

faz

Apr 28, 2005
aravind said:
rotary sifu's !! please help me why is it when i start the rx7 black smoke comes out of my exhaust...alot !! and how 2 make petrol not finish faster i mean any mods can be done for this ? thanks !
well first of all..it is obvious to me that you're somewhat in a dilemma..you say your car is acting up with all that black smoke and all, well..solution?think of it this way..if you're sick,what do you do?Possibly go to the doctor right?or..try to find out what is wrong with you then maybe find some medication..so try applying that to your problem..

As for your gas consumption,I believe that in this is a question for the ages..You want to use less fuel..drive less,or what you could do is..
A-retune ur car
B-sell that rotary and get something with higher km's per liter(like a honda or something)
C-Get a diesel..

btw..ur car is obviously somewhat rich..get it checked to lean it out a little more

didn't mean to be cruel

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
faz got it right. Check to see what AFR's you're running. Fuel has always been the issue for many. Did you know bout rx7's guzzling capability before buying one? If no then you're definitely not prepared for the long haul. Another way is to invest in a standalone ems. you can configure fuel and perhaps increase mileage.

faz

Apr 28, 2005
Okay..so this topic is an awesome one...I myself have never owned or worked on a rotary..I'm an auto tech..well graduated as an auto tech in the states..but my teachers used to tell me stories about rotaries..the way things work here in the states is that technicians(formerly known as mechanics) get quite decent money..and well one of my teachers used to work on imports..till one day he stumbled upon an FC..NA..there was supposedly something wrong with it..not sure what I cant really recall..but my teacher was lazy..so decided to change the whole engine as the car still was under warranty..so what he did was (he was about to go on break) started the car..put a brick on the accelerator and well let it rev till it blew..well 30 minutes later..it was still revving like mad..so is a rotary reliable?HELL yeah..

I myself am a believer of rotaries..awesome power..revs like mad..i watched the best motoring where the had the amemiya 3 rotor..that thing is ungodly..revs like crazy..lower rpms though a little lax in torque..but it is awesome..I mean to me if its a question of reliablitly then well hey..look, any car whatever make or model is prone to break somehow,some may break sooner than others, but if you are a true car enthusiast and lover, you will take care of whatever you own..So the rotaries need more care but in time you will love it and man the rewards of taking care of it i bet you will be insanely awesome..
As for power,come on..its a rotary..need you ask?power is there..it varies but well look..if you're making this a tuner/daily driver then well expect to spend abit..you're bound to get ur hands into that engine, as you want more speed,better response, and well the rotary does supply those needs of yours..

In the end..I think as many have said before..if you're looking for something sporty,willing to spend time and money towards it,not worried about gas consumption then go ahead get an FD i would say..I mean it looks sleek,attracts the ladies (if you're that desperate) and handles like no other,good power to weight ratio..if you are worried about gas consumption(especially)..then well don't bother with rotaries..get a motorcycle man..seriously..get a moped..

thats what i think..sorry if i offended anyone..

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
eh FAZ wtf wei....dont try and act smart ok ....i want 2 ask the sifu's before goin 2 workshop..and the petrol thing i know olready la !!! aiyo i just wanted 2 know if can take less consumption.... WTF WEI ! ROTARY 4 LIFE !

kuroneko

Nov 10, 2005
Check your sparkies too while your at it. What car do you drive, and what mods list?

Last edited:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
faz its good to have you on board matey. next time round make sure you come to our meet and we'll discuss bout anything god damn thing under the sun.

i've had the car for nearly 6 years and honestly theres a lot of things that can go wrong and will unless you spend money and time to rectify. We work on our own cars and have owned them longer than others. Serious power is available to you with a rotary powered vehicle but its not simply plug and play. You have to understand what kind of mods you plan to do and understand why you need them.

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
sparkies ? phat 7 u rebuilded ur engine by yourself ? if i rebuild wut is da latest year for the engine does that make a diff ? thanks for da advice

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
does not make a difference really. i would reccommend a rebuild anyday rather than buying halfcut coz you can be sure your rebuild is going to be good not like halfcut with many suprises. Unless of course you need parts etc then hapfcut oklah.

alex_77

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
some sifu ,need help here!!!my fd now facing secondly turbo problem....if u drive it smooth it's ok.u can feel the secondly turbo open at 4k or 4.5k rpm n got the g-force untill 6k rpm.but if u drag it,in frist gear it's can boost to 0.8bar.but when u change to second gear n full trotle it ,it like secondly turbo didnt charge n didnt have g-force after 5k rpm.the boost is about 0.5bar.it will happen when u drag it,drive smooth is no problem..what problem is that ??anybody can help??

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
rx7

phat !! if i rebuild my engine could u recommend some ppl sellin da parts ? and how long does it take 2 rebuild by myself ? thanks !

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Check your vacuum box. the fd has 2 one behind alternator and the other under the ic pipe. Look under the ic pipe. could well be leaking. to confirm this try driving normally then wot. if there is problem let go accelarator for a second then punch again. If the boost goes back to normal then you know its the secondary vacuum chamber.

dave

alex_77 said:
some sifu ,need help here!!!my fd now facing secondly turbo problem....if u drive it smooth it's ok.u can feel the secondly turbo open at 4k or 4.5k rpm n got the g-force untill 6k rpm.but if u drag it,in frist gear it's can boost to 0.8bar.but when u change to second gear n full trotle it ,it like secondly turbo didnt charge n didnt have g-force after 5k rpm.the boost is about 0.5bar.it will happen when u drag it,drive smooth is no problem..what problem is that ??anybody can help??

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
aravind lets just put it this way. parts are not hard to find but the science in piecing together the engine is what you will lack. you spend 3k on parts then "try" to put it together only to fail 2 days later. So don't save money on rebuilds and get them done professionally. thats what i;ll do.

faz

Apr 28, 2005
phat7 said:
faz its good to have you on board matey. next time round make sure you come to our meet and we'll discuss bout anything god damn thing under the sun.

i've had the car for nearly 6 years and honestly theres a lot of things that can go wrong and will unless you spend money and time to rectify. We work on our own cars and have owned them longer than others. Serious power is available to you with a rotary powered vehicle but its not simply plug and play. You have to understand what kind of mods you plan to do and understand why you need them.
much obliged dear sir..thank you appreciate the invitation,yet i must you must excuse me as i am too far away to join your meets right now..so i'll just be online for now..hope to land me a rotary soon though..in the works..

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
rx7

any shop 2 recommend 2 rebuilt? i dont want problems when i rebuilt otherwise i will be burning alot of money....does Ah choi do proper work ?

faz

Apr 28, 2005
aravind said:
eh FAZ wtf wei....dont try and act smart ok ....i want 2 ask the sifu's before goin 2 workshop..and the petrol thing i know olready la !!! aiyo i just wanted 2 know if can take less consumption.... WTF WEI ! ROTARY 4 LIFE !
easy now..didn't mean to push your buttons..(okay so i did) my apologies..no need for profanities..and didn't have to go all tupac on me or something..i know you're looking for an FD..chill..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

shopping around for a car - three top choices are Accord Euro R, Integra R, or the GTI
Anyone can share some info on the following on the GTI:
- any major differences between 05-07 models? Are all Mk5 and about the same?
- always been wary of Euro car electronics - any issues here like ECU problems, etc?
- seen a couple of 2 door versions being advertised - is the engine etc the same as the 4 door?
- what main things to look out for when checking one out?

Got plenty of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience