Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Well, the car does not have much power so gearing had to match the power and vehicle weight...then car is made when fuel price is cheap2.

I would recommend to sound proof the frobt hood plus all 4 doors. I did that to my BLM...DIY with superlon.
I saw those samurai sound proof on shopee.
Usually how many piece needed on a bonet?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
the car is a bit sluggish, very slow to get up to speed. might need an overhaul. so, i gave up on fixing it. haha. better focus on 1 car at a time.
My mom-in-laws Myvi was the same. Every week I go back she would complain how weak the car was. Then I'd take it for a test drive a few rounds around LDP each time revving the crap out of it. Everytime after that she'd ask me what I did cuz so much better to drive etc etc.

Time to use diesel engine oil.
On a unmaintained old junker? Better not. Later end up here leak there leak and wallet leak.

Does anyone driving 1.5 wira feeling gearing is abit short?
in 5th gear driving 100km around 3k rpm 120km 3.5k

I think my next step mod on my car is buy some sound proof to put at the bonet.
It's the engine capacity. If you had a 1.8 then you'd feel it is short. If you plonk in a 1.8 gearbox into you your 4G15 - it'll be slow and long geared. Compromise and go find out if they make aftermarket final drives for your Wira if you gatal.

Sound proofing - the question is what for? What do you want to achieve? Quiet drive? Less hot hood? Personally I wouldn't bother cuz sound proofing is heavy. I've driven the kosong spec Wira that didn't even have the bitumen strips and the performance difference is significant. Lighter is better unless you plan on blasting sound system stuff.

I don't know if Racetech still make their CAK but I'd suggest you do that first before sound proofing. It might even quieten down your drive a bit. (Chassis Alignment Kit)

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Does anyone driving 1.5 wira feeling gearing is abit short?
in 5th gear driving 100km around 3k rpm 120km 3.5k

I think my next step mod on my car is buy some sound proof to put at the bonet.
sound proofing, i think the bonnet wont help that much....
engine noise - do the firewall, bonnet while i think can help, wont be much.. somore ur bonnet fiber kan
road noise - wheel arches and floor, trunk tar strip for weight to doors... step further would be foaming
wind noise - doors, seals, remove the stupid wind defectors, and if lagi extreme find smaller mirrors.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Sluggish because your dad no rev kao kao....hahahaha
i rev kao kao for like a week. still same. max speed i got was like 140kmh. the car dont wanna go any faster than that. if slow down, it'll take forever to get back to 140kmh. LOL
The old campro even with iafm is sluggish.
The old persona have better handling compared to waja..at least thats what P1 claimed.

old man car will feel like old man. Lend the car to anyone in this forum and tell them min rev is 3k rpm and after a month take it back.
chassis memang feels more sturdier and rigid compare to waja. feels nice to whack at corners even with stock suspension and 60 profle stock tires. but no well maintain campro sucks damn bad. no power.

My mom-in-laws Myvi was the same. Every week I go back she would complain how weak the car was. Then I'd take it for a test drive a few rounds around LDP each time revving the crap out of it. Everytime after that she'd ask me what I did cuz so much better to drive etc etc.
LOL. my father in law same la. say the car nicer to drive after fix etc etc. but to me it still needs more fixing. so, in the end i just fix my wife citra and maintain my wira. haha.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I noticed recently that my car vibrates more at night when my car is stopped (either in N or D gear). Initially I thought it was the A/C, but if that's the case then surely it is also unbearable during the day. But during the day the vibrations are not as strong. I have changed my engine mounting about 10 months ago.

I was quite puzzled, until I stumbled upon the cause today. The vibration intensifies when I turn on my lights (hence why I dont have this problem in daytime). Would having grounding cables help with this problem?

Also, I noticed that when I turn on my A/C when car is idling, my revs drop slightly. Is this a cause for concern? Car is an Automatic transmission, carburetor.

Not sure if that's the proper name. The mechanic called it gear selector. In the past I could still get into R gear. just no reverse lights only.

Will do, thanks for the tip!
Try tuning your idling speed higher. When on A/C or on the light it bring your idling speed down, that is why it is vibrating as the idling speed is too low......

Auto, is gear selector......lol

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
sound proofing, i think the bonnet wont help that much....
engine noise - do the firewall, bonnet while i think can help, wont be much.. somore ur bonnet fiber kan
road noise - wheel arches and floor, trunk tar strip for weight to doors... step further would be foaming
wind noise - doors, seals, remove the stupid wind defectors, and if lagi extreme find smaller mirrors.
I juz consider to do on the hood,trunk
Door need to learn how to open 1st.
I do consider to switch to a gerenador type side mirror since my left one is rosok from the 1st day I bought the car. After you adjust it,it will shake until to another angle. Hahahhahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I was quite puzzled, until I stumbled upon the cause today. The vibration intensifies when I turn on my lights (hence why I dont have this problem in daytime). Would having grounding cables help with this problem?

Also, I noticed that when I turn on my A/C when car is idling, my revs drop slightly. Is this a cause for concern? Car is an Automatic transmission, carburetor.
Carbie auto? I don't know man. What size battery you using? Alternator amperage? In a FI car if the ground was bad then yes I'd say redoing your ground will significantly improve this vibration problem when the A/C is on. Use this as a guideline, don't simply ground everything :

I do consider to switch to a gerenador type side mirror since my left one is rosok from the 1st day I bought the car. After you adjust it,it will shake until to another angle. Hahahhahaha
Ganador side mirrors? They are tiny. The original ones are better made so their field of vision is better. I dunno - I'd rather get a electronic oem one from halfcut or something and convert to electronic side mirrors.

Don't simply do soundproofing. Know what you want to achieve, what material to use for what purpose and then only apply it. Otherwise it's unnecessary weight and a major waste of money if done haphazardly.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
keep ur original mirrors... aftermarket replicas can be a hit or miss...

thomaspepper

Jul 30, 2020
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone has the owners' manual for Wira? just want to know when is the recommended time to service the car, etc.

Carbie auto? I don't know man. What size battery you using? Alternator amperage? In a FI car if the ground was bad then yes I'd say redoing your ground will significantly improve this vibration problem when the A/C is on. Use this as a guideline, don't simply ground everything :

No idea about the specs. Alternator should be stock alternator only. I'll just check with my mechanic when I do my next oil change and see what he says

for speedometer there is this guy in FB can fix. I'm yet to send mine to fix my trip meter because he is in Klang.

Your Wira is Sedan or Aeroback? A sedan boot you can get around RM150 used (I just bought one). Make sure not rusty and no pimple before buying. Find those that come with the rubber cover at the brake light. Without that piece of rubber water will start leaking in.

Doors also easy to find.
Hi.. can recommend the guy you mentioned? Thanks!

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The old campro even with iafm is sluggish.
The old persona have better handling compared to waja..at least thats what P1 claimed.

old man car will feel like old man. Lend the car to anyone in this forum and tell them min rev is 3k rpm and after a month take it back.
Its only sluggish at 3000rpm, beyond that, its freaking great. It loves to be revved. I have since fitted Iriz intake. Initial impression no difference, haven't tested it all out. In the future might change it back to IAFM.