Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sadly my area quite hard to sorce this type of bodypart.
So no choice.hahahahahaha
Btw bro, besides the orsen undercarriage shield, you can use some DIY ingenuity to protect the pulley and sensor from dust. Cut up some old fender guards and cable tie the crap out of it and surround the area. Well, that's assuming you have old fender guards. hahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Btw, has your mech tried replacing your ECU? Did he take out the ECU to see if any capacitors were burnt out or bloated? The sudden shut down is beginning to sound like an ECU issue
Last time my VR ecu died cannot restart already........lol

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update

After switching to a new cam & crank sensor, unplug the ecu socket and cucuk balik and still......engine dead.

While the engine is dead and I push the pedal and start the car some time can start but the engine light went on so I go diagnose agn. It turn out the crank sensor issue still pop up.

The boss say the only way is to use back the original crank sensor from proton. And it ain't cheap.

I also quite not believe the boss say so i try how come the crank sensor keep got issue. So I start the engine and I try wobble the crank sensor.
And.....yes....the engine went dead.
So I guess is it really the crank sensor issue?

Even if I change the sensor will it work? I ask the question to boss the boss also cannot answer me.
Hahahahahahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wira update

After switching to a new cam & crank sensor, unplug the ecu socket and cucuk balik and still......engine dead.

While the engine is dead and I push the pedal and start the car some time can start but the engine light went on so I go diagnose agn. It turn out the crank sensor issue still pop up.

The boss say the only way is to use back the original crank sensor from proton. And it ain't cheap.

I also quite not believe the boss say so i try how come the crank sensor keep got issue. So I start the engine and I try wobble the crank sensor.
And.....yes....the engine went dead.
So I guess is it really the crank sensor issue?

Even if I change the sensor will it work? I ask the question to boss the boss also cannot answer me.
Hahahahahahaha
Check the position of the sensor in relation to the crank trigger (that gear thingie)

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Check the position of the sensor in relation to the crank trigger (that gear thingie)

This is my crank sensor position.
Tomorrow will go and source the original sensor.
If can ok la,if not I really wan to ditch the vdo and slam the mmc inside.

Is not like mmc will not have issue lah but less sensor issue is better for me to maintain the car at my rough working environment. My 2cent la.

Attachments

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Please check your connector and the wiring attached to it. Is the connector wobbly and not seating snug? Or does the wire feel stiff and not supple/soft?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.

I've sort of successfully transplanted a 4-pot Nissan caliper taken off a R32 Skyline into my Sylphy. The only problems I have now :

1. I can't find a decently priced service kit. Anyone have? RM300+ for rubber seals is unreasonable.

2. The brake oil bolt that locks the brake hose to the caliper for the Sylphy is too long. I had to use spacers and washers to lock it out and prevent leakage. After asking 2-3 spare parts shops they aren't sure if they'll be able to source a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience