Rm8k Wira ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I wont call it 'quite tempting' when RE004 is just an additional RM 45 a piece away which is additional RM 180 a set away. The performance difference will be night and day...thats the difference which u have to live with for 3-4years down the road.
I know what you mean. Since I have 2 car to maintain so need to plan carefully.
But I will consider Toyo Tr1 for my 1st choice If my wallet a little tebal I will go for Re004
since I rarely drive my Jazz. 1 month less then 10time

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
price here also inclusive of new valve, installation, balancing and nitrogen air. Add RM10 for metal valve. Honestly, I don't know what is the benefit of filling in nitrogen air.
Actually air is already 78% nitrogen, more worried of water vapour in the pump you use. More water vapour then the more the air pressure will go up due to the heat build up....

Reactions: minibeany

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update

I don't know since when,my car cabin can smell petrol scent

Driving everything is ok,just after I park my car for a period of time when I go inside my car the petrol smell is there.

Is that any possible something might leak?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira update

I don't know since when,my car cabin can smell petrol scent

Driving everything is ok,just after I park my car for a period of time when I go inside my car the petrol smell is there.

Is that any possible something might leak?
the petrol tank has a ventilation outlet, just check to see if there's a leak or tear there. Also check your fuel filter, when was the last time you changed that?

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
the petrol tank has a ventilation outlet, just check to see if there's a leak or tear there. Also check your fuel filter, when was the last time you changed that?
Ok,noted wilk go and check
The fuel filter I had change on last year. Might need to change already I guess?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok,noted wilk go and check
The fuel filter I had change on last year. Might need to change already I guess?
Very short period of time only la.. can't be the filter. You better check your fuel tank ventilation hose. Just open the fuel cover and trace that hose to the tank. See if it's leaking or not or cracked.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
normal la. All the shipping ports are in KL, then from port klang (mostly) move to JB or Pg.. sure more expensive lor.

Or does Jb have a shipping port too?
JB have port but the importers are all in PJ/KL thus the goods comes to Port Klang.......lol

Reactions: Izso

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Off topic juz to ask anyone know the price for Iridium spark plug for Jazz Gk5?
Juz now go to spare part shop ask price. He say is rm300+ and I was quite shock. Is this kinda price normal for Honda car?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Off topic juz to ask anyone know the price for Iridium spark plug for Jazz Gk5?
Juz now go to spare part shop ask price. He say is rm300+ and I was quite shock. Is this kinda price normal for Honda car?
Its not about Honda.
Its about the type of plugs ( not brand or iridium/platinum ).
What i observed is that modern car have slimmer plugs like the laser iridium used in camro cfe engine. It cost much2 more than the bigger type used on older cars.

wait...is yours idsi engine or vtec?

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Its not about Honda.
What i observed is that modern car have slimmer plugs like the laser iridium used in camro cfe engine. It cost much2 more than the bigger type used on older cars.

I vtec type

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I vtec type
Ok, then i bet its using the slim design plugs. check online how much the price, its been very2 long since i use Iridium.
I got mine (for campro) for just slightly more than Platinum that time.
Iridium is much2 more expensive than Platinum but for me its not worth the extra cost.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Ok, then i bet its using the slim design plugs. check online how much the price, its been very2 long since i use Iridium.
Iridium is much2 more expensive than Platinum but for me its not worth the extra cost.
I was thinking to get the SGT 3X spark plug
Cost around Rm100 something
The one I say was like laser iridium I think normal iridium should be more cheaper.

What is the difference btw?
Iridium & Laser iridium

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The one I say was like laser iridium I think normal iridium should be more cheaper.

Iridium & Laser iridium
life span....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Iridium & Laser iridium
on a stock engine, almost no difference.
Iridium last longer than platinum and if not mistaken laser iridium last slightly longer than iridium.

from my experience using platinum and iridium on stock engine i can confirmed that platinum give smoother engine feeling over stock normal plugs. However i could not feel any difference between iridium and platinum. so, my logic will be if its hard to change your plugs like in a perdana V6 or idsi engine? then iridium might be worth it as u save labour cost in the long run.

Reactions: Izso

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
on a stock engine, almost no difference.
Iridium last longer than platinum and if not mistaken laser iridium last slightly longer than iridium.

from my experience using platinum and iridium on stock engine i can confirmed that platinum give smoother engine feeling over stock normal plugs. However i could not feel any difference between iridium and platinum. so, my logic will be if its hard to change your plugs like in a perdana V6 or idsi engine? then iridium might be worth it as u save labour cost in the long run.
Ok, because the car I bought until now haven't change the spark plug and the mileage is coming to 100k soon So I was thinking to change it on the next service.

My jazz juz some mild mod only.
Juz header,downpipe,mid bullet and a s flow
Works filter thats it.
Was planning to get a K20 coil pack & a 55mm throttle body and a ecu remap and I am done for the car. Haha haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Was planning to get a K20 coil pack & a 55mm throttle body and a ecu remap and I am done for the car. Haha haha
Uh.... why? Bigger spark and more air but your fueling enough ah? Whats your stock TB size? Too large and you'll have problems driving on low throttle input.

Works filter thats it.
Wait... downpipe? You got a turbo?

edit - oh you bypassed catcon? How'd you resolve the O2 situation

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Uh.... why? Bigger spark and more air but your fueling enough ah? Whats your stock TB size? Too large and you'll have problems driving on low throttle input.

Wait... downpipe? You got a turbo?
Stock is 50mm so up to 55mm is ok.
For the coil pack part need to research more (remap might help?

No lah because for Jazz have 2 section
The Header & downpipe <<<that is what they call lah
Not the turbo down pipe
Haha haha ha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Stock is 50mm so up to 55mm is ok.
For the coil pack part need to research more (remap might help?
I wouldn't bother with the coil pack la. Unless you want to buy new? Used one you don't know how much life left in them and there's two types of K20 coils, both of which are expensive. If you insist on changing COP, consider the 1NZ (Vios) one. It's much cheaper and plenty of available stock.

A remap even without a COP change will make a difference and then depending on the age of your stock COP, even a brand new Jazz COP swap will make a difference if the old one is worn out (maybe past 200k km?) My Myvi made a difference after I changed the COP out to OEM coils after 10 years of using this Myvi and 200k++ km mileage.

No lah because for Jazz have 2 section
The Header & downpipe <<<that is what they call lah
Not the turbo down pipe
Haha haha ha
Ya, downpipe is from the header to the catcon. You removed the catcon?

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I wouldn't bother with the coil pack la. Unless you want to buy new? Used one you don't know how much life left in them and there's two types of K20 coils, both of which are expensive. If you insist on changing COP, consider the 1NZ (Vios) one. It's much cheaper and plenty of available stock.

A remap even without a COP change will make a difference and then depending on the age of your stock COP, even a brand new Jazz COP swap will make a difference if the old one is worn out (maybe past 200k km?) My Myvi made a difference after I changed the COP out to OEM coils after 10 years of using this Myvi and 200k++ km mileage.

Ya, downpipe is from the header to the catcon. You removed the catcon?
Header part all change only left the B pipe stock

Attachments

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Ok, because the car I bought until now haven't change the spark plug and the mileage is coming to 100k soon So I was thinking to change it on the next service.

Works filter thats it.
I think u should compare the price of platinum and iridium before u decide.
I will go for platinum as i will diy the job and its very friendly to my pocket. removing the intake (if required) is a simple job which i can handle thus labor cost is 0 for me.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Its not about Honda.

Not same price? I bought the slimmer type for my tiggo, Platinum type RM45 , the bigger type for VR also RM45 last time....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I use Iridium before also. Denso brand around RM160 then a friend got for me staff price at RM140. Even though Iridium suppose to last longer but in VR it blew both sets after a short use. But when use Platinum last a very long time......hahhahahhahahha

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I use Iridium before also. Denso brand around RM160 then a friend got for me staff price at RM140. Even though Iridium suppose to last longer but in VR it blew both sets after a short use. But when use Platinum last a very long time......hahhahahhahahha
Different car different type of situation I guess?

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I think u should compare the price of platinum and iridium before u decide.
I will go for platinum as i will diy the job and its very friendly to my pocket. removing the intake (if required) is a simple job which i can handle thus labor cost is 0 for me.
I also wanted to diy myself is possible.
Had see on YouTube how to remove spark plug on Gk5 jazz,the space is quite tight because the coil pack is behind not like civic fb coil pack is in the front very easy to change.
Haha haha haha

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Not same price? I bought the slimmer type for my tiggo, Platinum type RM45 , the bigger type for VR also RM45 last time....
Well like my campro oso use slightly slimmer but still normal rakyat marhaen plugs and price is like the one on my Pajero. with modern cars, when its slimmer, most of the time its laser iridium and laser will burn a hole in yr wallet.

If i recall correctly older plugs are using size 17 socket before slightly slimmer one using size 16. Now its size 14 socket, this is what i exp on campro CFE. i got to buy one magnetic deep socket around RM20++ just to get the plugs out.

This shows how low tech our cars are compared to even the Jazz...hahahah.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I also wanted to diy myself is possible.
Had see on YouTube how to remove spark plug on Gk5 jazz,the space is quite tight because the coil pack is behind not like civic fb coil pack is in the front very easy to change.
Haha haha haha
No need youtube...someone here advised me 'to remove whatever it is in your way' when i ask how to remove something a few years ago.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Remove is easy
Install back to original that part is what is scared about. Later an extra nut & bolt came out then mati lahhh ini kali
not that hard la. Do what I do - take pictures as you remove so it's easy to refer when you put back.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not that hard la. Do what I do - take pictures as you remove so it's easy to refer when you put back.
My VR, Hyundai and even Chery SUV is simple, all from the top, nothing blocking. Old school best....hahaha
However, the forester flat 4 will be tough to do......lol

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
These few day keep seeing alot of ppl kena saman because of their exhaust and other bla bla bla

Wanna know except changing back to stock no other options already?

If modified one confirm kena tangkap?