Ripped chassis :(

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Dear ZTHians..

I had notice that my car height is unbalanced..
1 finger gap from tyre to fender all round except on driver side.
Barely 0 finger clearance.

After inspecting, i noticed that there is one inch gap on my chassis,
bottom part of front absorber mounting..

Is there any place to get it repair with reasonable price.?

Btw my car is a 05 Perdana V6.

*Lesson learnt. Never combine v6 machine with super hard coilover setup. :banghead::bawling:

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

any suggestion guys?

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Dear ZTHians..

I had notice that my car height is unbalanced..
1 finger gap from tyre to fender all round except on driver side.
Barely 0 finger clearance.

After inspecting, i noticed that there is one inch gap on my chassis,
bottom part of front absorber mounting..

Is there any place to get it repair with reasonable price.?

Btw my car is a 05 Perdana V6.

*Lesson learnt. Never combine v6 machine with super hard coilover setup. :banghead::bawling:

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

any suggestion guys?

wahhh.....try normal bodyshop that do accident repairs....worst case u need to find the "skeleton" from halfcut and replace the whole front section up to the firewall....

it was a costly job....but atleast u got fresh almost new front chassis...and make sure add UR fender bar to upgrade the strength.....

cheap repair would be pulling back the chassis on jig and weld the crack+add reinforcement plate to double the strength... :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
is there any problem with puspakom if i want to sell it later?
for the cheap repair case...most probably yes u will have some problem with puspakom i think....

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
agree with pomen recommendation. Repair and reinforce.

Peeche, now im afraid. Gonna swap with super soft absorber.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wahhh.....try normal bodyshop that do accident repairs....worst case u need to find the "skeleton" from halfcut and replace the whole front section up to the firewall....

it was a costly job....but atleast u got fresh almost new front chassis...and make sure add UR fender bar to upgrade the strength.....

cheap repair would be pulling back the chassis on jig and weld the crack+add reinforcement plate to double the strength... :adore:
Isn't repair safer with puspakom checking then replacing the whole front, like become half cut replacement?:confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Isn't repair safer with puspakom checking then replacing the whole front, like become half cut replacement?:confused:
not sure if puspakom checking can issue "repair" letter to bodyshop...

because most i think will wrote: total lost...chassis unsafe to repair etc etc etc...

the method of replacing front frame wasnt from cut-joint method....but more like remove spotweld and re-do spot weld with fresh frame

i knew big bodyshop at my hometown (accident claim& repairs) can do this work without problem with puspakom/jpj....but charges were high (unless paid by insurance claim).... :adore:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
got photo of the cracked part?
Haven't got chance to take the picture yet. Car currently in workshop. Waiting queue to get it done.

The cracked position is at the bottom of upper arm mount. about 18 inch long crack. Already ripped actually. About 1 inch gap. :banghead::banghead:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
last time I saw that kind of rip when my friend's Toyota LE (with 4AGZE transplant) decided to go big turbo and matching suspension upgrades

....never thought just by using hard suspensions can cause it to crack like that :hmmmm:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
last time I saw that kind of rip when my friend's Toyota LE (with 4AGZE transplant) decided to go big turbo and matching suspension upgrades

....never thought just by using hard suspensions can cause it to crack like that :hmmmm:
i also don't know what is the cause.
but i can assume that most of the weight and force is distributed at the top absorber mounting..
so the combination of heavy drivetrain and stiff/hard suspension might be logic.

so how did your friend get it repaired?
does he face any problem with puspakom inspection?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
i also don't know what is the cause.
but i can assume that most of the weight and force is distributed at the top absorber mounting..
so the combination of heavy drivetrain and stiff/hard suspension might be logic.

so how did your friend get it repaired?
does he face any problem with puspakom inspection?
His dad's pomen saw the rip when he brought the car in for service... which he promptly repair. we only got photo of the rip...

as per puspakom, since he already endorsed the car and not willing to sell it (it was his late mom's) so I guess he never bothered about it hehe

mouse8899

Known Member
Oct 28, 2012
petaling jaya
should have done chassis strengthening before doing any big power transplants, the torsional rigidity of the monocoque frame was unable to withstand the force since the spring you used was hard, sometimes using a tad softer is better, more grip

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all

I would like to ask as per title. Is it doable? Because lately I feel the gear sangkut2, giving 'krek2' sound when shifting gears (even though I have press the clutch pedal to the max), like something sangkut. I suggest maybe the clutch is not totally moved/shifted (or whatever suitable words) then when gear is shifting, it causes the sound.

I know if the clutch using cable, can be adjusted. How about hydraulic one? Can adjust or not? :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience