Reviewed: Autochild - The Evolution of Performance

Autochild

Apr 12, 2006
s40t said:
no wonder the workshop floor is shining and the mechanics hands are very clean, people scared to go.

I believe our local mechanics are better off in everything...experience, service and no separate charges.

??? Can you explain about "no seperate charges"?

And why is it you feel a need to be insulting?

Peace,
Autochild

May 15, 2006
s40t said:
no wonder the workshop floor is shining and the mechanics hands are very clean, people scared to go.

I believe our local mechanics are better off in everything...experience, service and no separate charges.
I also scared to go to ordinary workshops like this, haiyaaa, why u worry, there so many good workshops around in Klang Valley, cheaper some more, now must think about pocket maa....

I prefer to go to a workshop that the floor is not shining which means a lot of repairing had been done there.

Last edited:

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
Ello...autochild open business to serve a different segment of clientele mar. you think all walk in client got deep pocket?? All they are looking for is a workshop who do preventive maintenance rather than maintenance repair which will cost even more. Honestly speaking, how many workshops out there who will give you an honest opinion or advise? Even EON also wont let you in their workshop to see what they are doing? The floor is clean because they mop everytime the oil spill....SAFETY first. I dont work for them neither i get commission saying all this. This is my opinion...I agree they are pricey but you pay for what you get.

Autochild

Apr 12, 2006
nitrus,

Sorry for you disheartening experience with Autochild, which services did you do? how was the result for your car?

And Thanks for your feedback we will use it to help us to improve. However there is not much we can do in terms of fee's, it is a simple matter of economics, and it is very subjective from person to person, many times we hear that customers feel their money was well spent with us and occasionally like in your case customers feel overcharged.. but our fee's are fixed, we do not change them for one customer to the next or one vehicle/model to the next.

As far as Looking down on someone for not having the budget to do this or that or buy this or that.. hmm .. I don't feel that is like me (Brendan) .. I have great respect for anyone that finds their way to our shop.. perhaps something was mis-understood or mis-inturpurted.. or perhaps I was just having a bad day, sorry if you seen it like that.

Peace,
Autochild
(Brendan)

crashb11

Sep 21, 2007

crashb11

Sep 21, 2007
Ello...autochild open business to serve a different segment of clientele mar. you think all walk in client got deep pocket?? All they are looking for is a workshop who do preventive maintenance rather than maintenance repair which will cost even more. Honestly speaking, how many workshops out there who will give you an honest opinion or advise? Even EON also wont let you in their workshop to see what they are doing? The floor is clean because they mop everytime the oil spill....SAFETY first. I dont work for them neither i get commission saying all this. This is my opinion...I agree they are pricey but you pay for what you get.
are u sure u r not working for them or getting any commision or something?? because u sure do sound like 1 !!

just becoz they keep a clean floor or they let u see what they do, that does not make them good and likewise that does not make them bad either. A good workshop should be rated based on their expertise, workmanship & most importantly customer service. You may be 1 of the few lucky customers who has no bad experience with Autochild, but there are tons of bros out there who spend few hundred & thousands of ringgit to fix their ride, but instead they are being "conned" by workshops like Autochild to pay more than required in the pretext of "good things don't come cheap". I refuse to believe that because i believe that "expensive does not mean good" & Autochild is merely taking advantage of the situation here.

SO i would appreciate if you stay low in this matter & let Autochild speak for themself. You hv made ur point, fine, now sit back & let the real culprits speak up.tq

Autochild

Apr 12, 2006
How you wish to spend your time is up to you, we are however too busy to spend time debating with idiots. "Culprits" "Conned" zzzzz. Lets make it sweet and short, if you believe this infantile diatribe posted by crashb11 as fact then please stay away from Autochild, we cater to a more mature and discerning clientele.

Peace,
Autochild

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
Wow, just read this topic......

I can share something about how local mechs works, and how oversea mech works.

Apparently, in our local community, workshops tends to give the best price to cater every customer so that customers feels easy-going and economic to go back to the same shop again. In order to fulfill this goal, they local mech will intro and sweet talks the budget products that is within your spending power.

To me, Autochild is a place for ppl who have been trusted in a good workmanship, which every service is done detailedly, with the best quality of service. (Same thing u spend your money on good food in Starhill).

As a norm, in oversea a regular workshop will charge service per-hourly, seperate charges for each different service. And they follow the regulations of professional workshops, so keep the place clean is a norm.

Perhaps, the customer himself should know better what car he is driving, what kind of service he requires, and how much he should spend for all the service, and the last but not least, WHERE TO SERVICE YOUR CAR ?

I finds it rather funny if a customer doest not inquires the price of the services before making a move, that is SUICIDE..... nobody will ever do that!

So, last words, you should choose the mech/workshop that you trust. There is not "Give A Try" or "Testing-Testing". Ask before you do, until all your questions are answered regarding any service you wish to do.

I think picking up a workshop's reputation in a forum is not very polite, to me it seems, is the customer problem. Unless you drive something 100k, perhaps someone will give u more attention when u drive into such places. Its just plain commonsense to everyone.

StrayBullet

Known Member
Jan 8, 2007
You may be right. I would pay more if the company is doing a good job. If you find local workshops trying to sweet talk you into buying something. Maybe your relationship with them is questionable.

If you are comparing workshops outside this country, then so be it. But if other businesses trying to opperate inside Malaysia like workshops overseas, then I would say good luck. He still hires local workers with local attitude (which is better than the boss).

You think clean workshops means they are pro and can charge higher? I can introduce you to a workshop that is as clean as his, is customer oriented and does a good job. Most importantly not to expensive.

If you think people don't ask for repair price before doing it then you must be new to this world. But the answer is "we don't know what's wrong with it yet. We have to check first". How do you get the price then?

All these comments are not ment to pick on peoples workshop my friend. You have a very unique common sense there. If your shop only service cars above 100k then put a signboard loo.. Or when you see old cars driving in and do not wish to service the car, just tell politely that you do not wish to work on that car. Don't need to waste peoples time you know.

If you read correctly on replies to the negative review from autochild themself, They think they are not supposed to be customer oriented. If I walk in a shop and has to pay a lot more, I expect to be treated like a king man. If you think people that drive small cars don't deserve those kind of services, then one of your eye is bigger than the other lah.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody pls help me to look around this car has been stolen yesterday nite at Tmn Molek 8++....Just used for a few months.Thanks
if anyone saw this car pls call 0127342188.It is in blue colour...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience