Review: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R (FK8R)

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I'd actually suggest just water/methanol kit first before intercooler upsize if still just using stock turbo. Bigger intercooler can be more laggy. If you install water/methanol kit, then can check the intake temp drops, so might not need bigger intercooler, hence can still maintain stock response.
yeah this is probably a better, more cost effective route, I had a water meth kit in my previous clio rs before considering an intercooler
I still use stock intercooler on my Evo despite bigger turbo, no problems with temperature whatsoever cuz I use water/methanol kit.
got to say the stock evo intercooler is a lot bigger than the micro sized ones on european hot hatches, for example here's a Megane 3 RS stock and aftermarket comparison

200001072.jpg

Reactions: 6UE5t and Izso

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah this is probably a better, more cost effective route, I had a water meth kit in my previous clio rs before considering an intercooler

got to say the stock evo intercooler is a lot bigger than the micro sized ones on european hot hatches, for example here's a Megane 3 RS stock and aftermarket comparison

View attachment 579821
Oh those are pretty small ya. Really designed to maximize space and response. Can setup the water/methanol kit to activate sooner with bigger injector to compensate more, just that the fluid consumption will be higher. Good idea also to upgrade to a bit bigger intercooler.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
thanks all Sifus..that really make my day.
Yes, TC is bringing the Trophy 300 this year.
@DNGFashion there's an i30N Performance for sale here, you might want to check that out:

Reactions: DNGFashion

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kia Motors has revealed technical details of its new 8-speed (!) automatic transmission especially for their front-wheel-drive (FWD) cars.

The new 8AT will see its inaugural application in the 2017 Kia Cadenza before making its way into other mid- and full-size FWD vehicle.

Developed in-house by the Korean car manufacturer, this achievement follows the experience and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience