Replacing Air-Control Lights - Step by Step Guide w/ Photos

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
In Malaysia, they charge labour per job.

Over here, they charge labour per hour. I was quoted AUD$30 per hour :)

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
I change all the A/C bulb (one bulb burn, must as well change all 4), the hazard light switch bulb (my was burn also).

For Malaysia (KL especially), if you buy the bulb in pasar road, please bring along a sample. Cause in pasar road they got only 2 size, i.e. small and big. Don't have the medium that we need. Like Edgar say, the bigger one can fit.

not many shop selling the big one, got to look around, i only found one shop selling it after asking more than 10 shops. Price RM 1.50 per bulb, i brought 4 x big bulb and 2 x small bulb RM 1.20 each (for the hazard light siwtch).

Total its RM 8.40, fitting the A/C bulb its easy. but the Hazard light its a pain in the Azz.. you need to dismantle the switch cause the tiny bulb its inside the switch, once the switch open please remember how it look and connected.. cause once take out its a puzzle to put back. The bulb its right in the middle of the switch. Change bulb only 5 mins, puzzle solving its 30mins.

I guess the rear defog switch its also the same, maybe more complicated cause it got two bulb.. If i am free, will try to change that also since i got one set spare from the 1/2 cut.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
oh yeah the hazard light and the rear defroster switches are pain in the arse. I did them as well but forget to take photos.

And yes, you need to dismantle the plastic moulding on them to access the tiny bulbs. However the holder for the bulbs are rubber, not plastic as on the air control panels. Same theory applies, just unwrap and wrap on the new bulbs. But they are extremely tiny and can be difficult to do for those of you with larger fingers. So patience is your medicine :)

like he said, when putting things back, it can get very frustrating and dirty (read: grease all over), and make sure you don't shoot and loose the spring, otherwise, too bad, you gotta get a new switch.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
i got extra switch now :D anyone loose the spring i can sell you cheap cheap...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello sifu here.. really need some advise on 4AGE 20v engine..I have using my BT for few years. So far very satisfied with it without any problem recently my car have start becomes sluggish...especially at light throttle and low rpm(2k-3k with load).. i ask some of the pomen here they said maybe is O2 sensor.. and i just change it already... but the prob still there... some said distributor.. and i have change it... but its the same... so penin.....:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience