Repair Wira Rear Bumper

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Hi guys,

My rear bumper is in a bad shape. The 'ears' or joints came off (see picture below). This means my 15 year old bumper will come-off anytime.

Does anyone know how to glue back the joints ? I am keeping the joints, but have no idea on how to glue it back. Can i use "super glue" or "plastic glue" ?

Would like your opinions and advice

Thanks!

Last edited:

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Hi bro,

thanks for the info.

I asked a spare part shop, and a new (unpainted) bumper for a wira sedan cost ~RM50. But the problem is, the bumper isn't painted.

Anyone know whether i can repaint the bumper using the small tin spray paints or not? My car's colour is the dark green (black) metallic.

Thanks!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
nope... cannot use supaglue la... not strong enough.... try fabricate extra bracket using metal sheet or any strong material u can find... screw it to ur bumper and then screw it to the frame mounting.... as from the outside, use fibre to cover the screw head, then add touchup paint or repaint ur bumper again....

jz a suggestion... the cost and workmanship might cost more than a bumper.... but if u wanna at any means, go ahead...

vastalux

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
u need to stick with some metal.. then u can fibre it or u can use plaster powder..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We had another hands on intense paint correctional class yesterday, another crash course - learning how to be a one day pilot

lesson start with washing - the car correctly - ONR

some young participant

some mature participants - on hands for paint correction - heavy stuff...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience