Reducing road noise level for 225/45/18

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
He meant PSS is also not available in small sizes. Last time smallest size was only 17 and very limited size also, now I think only have in 18 above.
No wonder many smaller size users have gone to Yokohama, Toyo or Hankook. Theirs even up to semi slick for 15".

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Huh? I think they are warm as I drove back from Kampar and pump at station near my house in Ipoh.

PSS also available in 15"? I thought that one is for large size.
Kampar to ipoh will be hot dy. From my house to station 1 to 2 km away already warm. Even morning the sun can heat up the tyres because black mah, pressure can differ if two tyres get morning sun and the other 2 tyres in the shade.....lol

Aiyah! you done see my......hhahhahahhahaha after 15":biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Kampar to ipoh will be hot dy. From my house to station 1 to 2 km away already warm. Even morning the sun can heat up the tyres because black mah, pressure can differ if two tyres get morning sun and the other 2 tyres in the shade.....lol

Aiyah! you done see my......hhahhahahhahaha after 15":biggrin:
So, it is recommended to pump air after the tyres are warm? I am sort of confused.

Yokohama Advan V105 smallest also 16", 15" Michelin cater with PS3 mah!:biggrin:
Weird that max category V105 only starts at 16", but extreme and semi slick AD-08 and A050 is available in 15". Same goes to R1R and R888, Hankook RS3 and Z221. Extreme and semi slick, but still available in 15".

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So, it is recommended to pump air after the tyres are warm? I am sort of confused.

Weird that max category V105 only starts at 16", but extreme and semi slick AD-08 and A050 is available in 15". Same goes to R1R and R888, Hankook RS3 and Z221. Extreme and semi slick, but still available in 15".
Air pressure usually measure when cold, so if you have a gauge at home check in the morning, if not, just pump slightly more to compensate. For me I want around 33psi so when drive to station I pump 35psi.....lol

Extreme for track mah! and got many smaller cars are mod for track play.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Air pressure usually measure when cold, so if you have a gauge at home check in the morning, if not, just pump slightly more to compensate. For me I want around 33psi so when drive to station I pump 35psi.....lol

Extreme for track mah! and got many smaller cars are mod for track play.....:driver:
Then probably I am getting like 30psi during cold since I pump 32 when hot.

So, that explains why there are still R888R for 13 inch and 14 inch. Probably those are for old school cars on track.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Like F1 still on 13".....lol
Hahaha, I was once asked with this question from my younger cousin. At first, I was explaining to him about tyre side profile and how thinner sidewall reduces flexing during cornering. So, he asked me back about why F1 tyres have thick sidewall. :biggrin:

I've read before that there are a lot of restrictions being put on the development of F1. Imagine if no such restrictions and makers are given free reign to push the technologies....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha, I was once asked with this question from my younger cousin. At first, I was explaining to him about tyre side profile and how thinner sidewall reduces flexing during cornering. So, he asked me back about why F1 tyres have thick sidewall. :biggrin:

I've read before that there are a lot of restrictions being put on the development of F1. Imagine if no such restrictions and makers are given free reign to push the technologies....
Single seater racers are already very stiff so the tire flexing also acts like a suspension to absorb the bumps. Their tire pressure is very low also.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Single seater racers are already very stiff so the tire flexing also acts like a suspension to absorb the bumps. Their tire pressure is very low also.
I see now, thanks for the explanation. Lower tyre pressure is for better grip on the track or to absorb bumps?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I see now, thanks for the explanation. Lower tyre pressure is for better grip on the track or to absorb bumps?
It all based on the race tires spec, the weight of the car, the power, suspension setup etc2. to finally determine the tire pressure. In general, race cars use much lower tire pressures than normal road cars. There's even a regulation to limit the minimum tire pressures coz too low then higher risk of blowing up which had happened several times in F1 and other racing series coz they try to go more aggressive with lower pressures.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It all based on the race tires spec, the weight of the car, the power, suspension setup etc2. to finally determine the tire pressure. In general, race cars use much lower tire pressures than normal road cars. There's even a regulation to limit the minimum tire pressures coz too low then higher risk of blowing up which had happened several times in F1 and other racing series coz they try to go more aggressive with lower pressures.
That explains why I hear some people reduce their tyre pressure when they plan to go out for touge drive. Want to follow race setup. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Merc's Geländewagens (cross country vehicles) are a rare sight in Malaysia. Designed rough and tough, the G-class started life as a light military vehicle, until civilian-spec was offered in 1979. There are three generation of G-Wagens, and the one in the pictures above is the most recent 463-model G55 AMG.

The 5.5-liter supercharged V8 churns out 500hp, and a frankly silly 700Nm of torque. It only...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience