Recommendation: Turbocharger for 4B11 N.A engine

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Looks like Atom is the most performing ECU out there for any entry level ECU. I will buy one and keep first until i am ready all parts to BOT.
MaxxECU the entry level one IIRC is cheaper than the Atom and the Atom has stopped production. If it wasn't the MaxxECU one then it was probably the ECUMasters entry level model (forgot the name) that is cheapest in the market.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
MaxxECU the entry level one IIRC is cheaper than the Atom and the Atom has stopped production. If it wasn't the MaxxECU one then it was probably the ECUMasters entry level model (forgot the name) that is cheapest in the market.
MaxxEcu has built in MAP Sensor, what i liked about it. For ATOM or later one, still have to purchase MAP Sensor separately. I am still searching for adequate ECU for my application since i am not running any crazy boost. Coming week, will be testing the turbo manifold with the Garret T28 turbocharger, i am pretty surprised the unit i found is both water and oil cooled. Turbo is rated at 310 HP, which i wouldn't go for it anyway. If i can have 220whp i would be happy enough.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Famous last words. I often hear such statements but in reality, ends up as "it's never enough"

Or maybe I misunderstand. 220whp is enough for a start. Then begins the chase for more HP
Usually the case, because as you get use to that power later want more.....lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Famous last words. I often hear such statements but in reality, ends up as "it's never enough"

Or maybe I misunderstand. 220whp is enough for a start. Then begins the chase for more HP
Brah please don't pecah my wayang so fast lar ... hahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
After BOT, i really doubt so, unless its a Myvi with YRV engine, or some black magic engineered Myvi.
Oh how you doubt the king of the road... the Myvi 1.5 will beat your turbo Inspira off the road and for the first 50-100m will stay in front. It's once your turbo really kicks in and your engine capacity rolls in that's when you overtake. But by then you would have already reached the next traffic light....

Hahaha!

Serious note : The myvi is very light weight. Even the auto the TCU is setup very aggressively for low end torque except for the 1st batch Myvi auto. The others are all strong low end torque.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6UE5t and alcyon

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam
Oh how you doubt the king of the road... the Myvi 1.5 will beat your turbo Inspira off the road and for the first 50-100m will stay in front. It's once your turbo really kicks in and your engine capacity rolls in that's when you overtake. But by then you would have already reached the next traffic light....

Hahaha!

Serious note : The myvi is very light weight. Even the auto the TCU is setup very aggressively for low end torque except for the 1st batch Myvi auto. The others are all strong low end torque.
myvi fanboi

• Haha
Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Hahaha!

Hahaha not to piss on Myvi or anything, even with Lancer CVT, the "King" can only lead for a very very short time when dragging from stand still. I found Vios more of a threat than Myvi though. Especially NCP93, just freaking weird those Dugong Vios are sooooo fast when it comes to traffic light drag.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience