rebuilding Sunny B11

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
hi everyone...dnt knw if am in correct section or else shift me ...thnk u !!!
i jz bought a old school nissan sunny b11 1984 model which has E15 engine..
my motive is to totally rebuilt this car for daily use...meaning to almost 100% original conndition
the car floor board already 'reput' but the car is in running condition...hv nt really test drive much..

now my question is where i start from ??
do up the entire body (floor/rust/respaying) first ??? ----OR-----
do up the engine & all running parts (brakes/pumps/overhaul engine/gbox)

those hv experience pls let me knw...thank u !!!

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
thanks danzeterna... i hav done up some things...like new battery & other stuffss...the car is in running condition...not perfect yet...but good enuf for now...so next would be bodyworks..im just wondering hw much the bodyworks would cost...i hv nt asked any workshops yet ?? the body has already been cement up by previous owner...no rust on body....but the entire floorboard has rusted...so ususally how they will do the floor??? cut & weld everything or other moethod ???

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
by right cut out the rusted part & weld with metal sheet.....

how bout the internals? recomended to do full overhaul......if your whole engine is removed. can get your mech to paint the engine bay, head cover & other parts according to your color choice....thats the best time to do it.

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
oh i see...but i was jz wondering...being a 27 year old car one of the previous owners would hv done up the floor previously...hw cm it has rusted already...yes the engine hs to be overhauled...what would a full overhaul be ??? engine seems to run well but there is engine oil consumption & white smoke... g/box is 4-speed....i think original shd b 5-speed bt some1 along the way has changed it to 4-speed...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
normally if floor rust, the car had been previously parked on the grass & lalang grow around the car...therefore the dampness from the lalang that creates the rust.....

full overhaul would be change all the gaskets, oil seals.....clean your pistons, chamber if head warped then need to skimm.......etc.....

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
ok hopefully i get a good shop to do up the rust & repainting...i think like u said full overhaul would be the best for long term..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
if u search on this forums theres actually a thread that shows a workshop that specializes in rebuilding old cars....

i cant remember exactly where.....but its on here somewhere.

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
ok i wil look up the sections...anyway im in serebmban & hope to send it here nearby..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings to all, *
If any readers are contemplating a BMW or already owning a BMW, please allow me to share my experience. Below is my email to BMW Malaysia.. *

-Quote- *

I purchased the above vehicle as pre-reg unit from Ingress Auto early 2012. I was initially sceptical on buying a used vehicle *but after the salesperson convinced me that the vehicle comes with a 5 year warranty and free maintenance, I went ahead with the purchase. Additionally, BMW's distinction in its Customer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience