RD2 Fuel Consumption

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
i did my oil change using 5w30, atf changed, air filter changed, spark plugs running alrite...the only thing right now is the plug cables...bought from spare part shop but was changed twice cuz not for my coupe but for other cars like elantra and matrix as they claim it's the same...so will be changing it again and this time i demanded that i only wan my model...they said they have 1.8 ones but not 1.6...any rd2 owners mind to share their fc so that i could have a direct comparison? thanks mengking for the advice! 0.2 cents/km is fine for 2.0 but mine is close to 0.3 cent per/km for a 1.6l...=(

tiburonshrk

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
I think the best is for you to get your ECU plugged in and you can inspect the data and check on any irregularities. Failure is certain sensors like MAF sensor may cause your fuel/air ratio to be incorrect. This will cause excess emission from your exhaust and causing you to run rich on your fuel.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
if u want to plug ur car on a diagnostic tool, i can help u out.. if ur anywhere near subang u can drop by..:)

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
i always travel to subang and practically subang is near my place....xD which area of subang? was thinking of sending to hyundai already as i heard some saying that hyundai offers free sensors checking...

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
the workshop is in ss19 dude.. but if hyundai is offering free sensor checking then y not try them out:)

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
will try giving hyundai a call and if they do not provide such service i'll prolly look for u again for help....xD thanks scoupe!

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
otherwise check on exhaust.. i remembered exhaust leak is a cause of low power and high fuel consumption

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

an Affair with the wild horse

It has been quite some time since we had time to update our post

when my buddy asked us to guve a good good bath to his horse

Upon seeing the ride

came with much dirt

need a good good bath...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience