Random Shot: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Convertible

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

This immaculate condition Mercedes-Benz 300SL was spotted on my way to the Zurich train station in Switzerland. Usually, it's hard to see cars with their convertible tops down, like this in the open roads in Malaysia, considering classic cars like these are hardly driven and are always garaged by the classic car owners in Malaysia.

What's cool about the car is its rarity and its famous racing heritage in the past. The car now fetches a market value between $500,000 to $700,000 (US Dollars). Only 1400 coupe and 1858 convertibles were made, making this a truly rare car to be seen at any time.

Looking at the classic dashboard and interior, one would be fascinated with the car, even in the 50's when TV's were still in monochrome instead of colour. This car would in the end inspire the new modern Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, which we are now familiar with.

Attachments

rageaccel2

Known Member
Dec 22, 2010
Shah Alam
love the 300SL coupe. and its gullwing door.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last year I had the opportunity to detail this church van, as prepared her to transport VIPs, but a year later.... but the interior need to be detail….. exterior still looks great ..thanks to the Transportation team

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2009/08/polishing-van.html

Reason being heavily used for transportation & so huge to look after....

Reason being fequently used & so large to care for...i have fequents...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience